Character on One Life to Live:
Date of Birth:
* First OLTL scene was with Forbes March (ex-Nash), which ironically his character Jared was responsible for Nash's tragic death.
* Got involved in theater at the young age of 10.
* Only experience in daytime television was as an extra on PASSIONS.
* Is a die-hard New England Patriots fan!
* Was a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
* Good friends with co-star John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex) and shares his love of poker and golf with him.
* Credits his mother for being his biggest supporter.
The Game (Chuck, 2006)
Taken by Force (Billy Crew, 2008)
Smith and Mike on a Tuesday (Smith, 2007)
Analog Days (Butler, 2006)
Surprise, Surprise (Colin Alexandre, 2006)
Pervert! (Frat Boy, 2005)
Overview and Biography:
During the next four years, he did what a lot of new struggling actors do - wait tables! However, while working at Herb Alpert's Vibrato restaurant he finally got this big break when he was asked to test for the brand-new role of Jared Banks. On the advice of his agent, Brotherton was told to think of himself as the character of Sawyer from ABC's LOST. So he let his beard grow out some to look scruffy, yet was able to still pull off a sexy, but edgy character. Luck was on his side that day, as the actor was immediately asked to join the show.
In the meantime, he decided to propose to his longtime girlfriend Alison, and within five days was heading across country to his new gig in daytime.
Brotherton has also co-produced, directed and starred in the independent short film Smith & Mike on a Tuesday, which was produced on a very small budget of only $2,600. This film has been quite successful and has recently been on the film festival circuit.