Character on 'One Life to Live':
Date of First Appearance:
Date of Birth and Full Name:
Interesting Facts for Corbin Bleu:
- Corbin is an American actor/dancer/model/producer and singer-songwriter.
- He was considered to be a host for The X Factor.
- He has three sisters: Hunter, Phoenix and Jag.
- He’s the son of Martha (nee Callari) who is Italian and David Bleu who is Jamaican American.
- Corbin enjoys ballet, salsa and jazz.
- His favorite singers are Michael Jackson, Prince and Lenny Kravitz.
- He also loves to blast Pavarotti while cooking in the kitchen.
- Corbin jams to Bob Marley.
- Bleu is a frequent volunteer worker, working for charities such as Starlight Children's Foundation the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and served Thanksgiving's dinner and Christmas Eve lunch at a Los Angeles homeless shelter with Debby Ryan in 2008.
- Bleu has been an avid supporter of Do Something. In 2009, he hosted the sixth annual Do Something Awards in New York. In May 2011, Bleu also attended the 2011 Do Something Awards kick-off event. He teamed up with Aimee Tegarden, Kevin Jonas and JoJo during the event to honor the thirteen nominees who were up for the Do Something Award and $100,000 in recognition of their outstanding activism.
- Bleu appeared in television commercials starting at the age two, for products such as Life cereal, Bounty, Hasbro, and Nabisco.
- He began taking jazz and ballet classes, usually being the only boy in the class.
- By the age of four he was a model with the Ford Modeling Agency in New York.
- He appeared in print ads for stores such as Macy’s, Gap. Target and Toys R Us, and appeared in fashion spreads in Child, Parents, and American Baby magazines, as well as having his image on toys and game packaging.
- At age six Corbin appeared in his first professional theater production off Broadway, at The Town Hall. This three-concert series, created, written, and hosted by Scott Siegel, took place over one weekend and included a tribute to David Merrick. Corbin Bleu played an abandoned homeless mute in the play Tiny Tim is Dead.
- Corbin Bleu has earned comparisons to Justin Timberlake.
Films and TV Movies:
Soldier - Johnny (1998)
Beach Movie - Kid (1998)
Family Tree - Ricky (1999)
Mystery Men - Butch (1999)
Galaxy Quest - Young Tommy (1999)
Catch That Kid - Austin (2004)
The Secret of the Magic Gourd - Magic Gourd (voice) (2007)
Free Style - Cale Bryant (2009)
Beyond All Boundaries - Voice: Eddie W. Robinson
Voice: Sgt. Dan Levin - Short film (2009)
I Owe My Life to Corbin Bleu - Himself - Short film (2010)
The Little Engine That Could - Voice: Lou (2011)
Sugar - Sketch - post-production (2011)
Scary or Die - Emmett (2011)
Renee - Mackey- post-production (2012)
Nurse 3D - Bleu - post-production (2012)
Jump In! - Isadore "Izzy" Daniels (2007)
High School Musical 2 - Chad Danforth (2007)
- Mother Goose Parade - Grand Marshall (2007)
- Flight 29 Down: The Hotel Tango - Nathan McHugh (2010)
Television and Theatre Credits:
- High Incident - N/A
- ER - Little boy (1996)
- Malcolm & Eddie - Matthew (1998)
- Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family- Nick Elderby (2000)
- The Amanda Show - Russel Carter (2001-2002)
- Flight 29 Down - Nathan McHugh (2005-2007)
- Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide - Spencer (2006-2007)
- Hannah Montana - Johnny Collins (2006-2008)
- Phineas and Ferb - Voice: Coltrane (2009)
- The Beautiful Life: TBL - Isaac (2009)
- The Good Wife - Jay Hawke/ DJ Javier Berlin (2010)
- Blue Bloods - Officer Blake (2012)
- One Life to Live - Jeffrey King - 2013
As a producer:
- Free Style - Producer - film (2011)
- Scary or Die - film
Overview and Biography of Corbin Bleu:
Corbin continued dancing, becoming one of the first students at the Debbie Allen Dance Academy. While in his freshman year Corbin was cast in his first lead role in the feature film 2004 film, Catch That Kid, alongside Kristen Stewart and Max Thieriot. In his sophomore year, he played the lead role of Ren in the musical "Footloose" and the role of Sonny in the musical "Grease". That same year Corbin won Theatre Student of the Year. In the summer of 2004, Corbin became a part of the ensemble cast for the new Discovery Kids television series Flight 29 Down as Nathan McHugh, alongside Allen Alvarado and Hallee Hirsh and Lauren Storm, a drama series about a group of teens stranded on a deserted island after a plane crash. He also had a small role as Spencer on Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, appearing in the episodes entitled Guide to: The School Play and Guide to: Revenge & School Records. Bleu played "Chad Danforth" in the Emmy award-winning Disney Channel original movie High School Musical (2006), and High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008). He guest starred as Johnny Collins in the premiere episode of Disney's Hannah Montana. Bleu's next film, Jump In! , premiered on January 12, 2007.
He has also pursued a music career, and released his debut album Another Side on May 1, 2007, which included the single "Push It to the Limit". The album debuted at number thirty-six on the U.S. Billboard 200, selling 18,000 copies in its first week. Bleu released his second album, Speed of Light, on March 10, 2009, in the U.S. original movies. He appeared on The Tyra Banks Show in 2008, and in the 2007 Disney Channel Games as captain of the Blue Team.
In fall 2009, he had a lead role in the film, Free Style as Cale Bryant and appeared in The CW Television Network's new show The Beautiful Life: TBL. Also in 2009, he is Voice in Beyond All Boundaries, and appeared on Entertainment Tonight and The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet. He landed the lead role in the Broadway Musical, In the Heights, and guest starred in one episode of The Good Wife as DJ Javier Berlin in October 2010.
Corbin starred in the short comedy film I Owe My Life to Corbin Bleu in 2010. In 2011, he performed the voice Lou in The Little Engine That Could, starred in the horror film Scary or Die, and started filming Renee, which will be released in 2012. In 2012, he returned to Broadway in the revival of Godspell.
In March 2013, Bleu was cast in the role of Jeffrey King on the Prospect Park web re-launch of the soap opera, One Life to Live. Bleu is playing the role of King who is Dani Manning and Matthew Buchanan’s roommate. King has a very strong personality and the threesome is quite mischievous. Jeffery also gets a position at the Banner. Bleu feels quite privileged to be working with legend one Erica Slezak. Bleu is enjoying his newest challenge of having to memorized nearly 100 pages per day and feels like his mind is getting a great workout. Bleu is also working on other projects films, Horror Nurse 3D and Monkey’s Paw. He is beginning a campaign on Kick starter for anti bullying film currently entitled, The Day I Died which Corbin feels very passionate about.