1. Entertainment

Will 'One Life to Live' Return?

By September 3, 2013

Copyright, 2013Well according to several sources, the news surrounding One Life to Live's return is not too good. It seems Prospect Park wants to settle the lawsuit they current have with ABC over some of the characters before they decide to resume production. Well it is anybody's guess how long that will play out, especially when it comes to finalizing things through the courts.

What really gets me is that in the meantime, Prospect Park will be losing fan support, and not just for OLTL, but also for AMC. This is going to be a huge disappointment to fans, and if Prospect Park thinks they will have enough support for just AMC, I believe they will sorely find out otherwise.

Fans of both soaps need to rally together once again and send in letters of support to bring OLTL back on as soon as possible! Let's have our voices on this matter be heard!

The Online Network - Official Website

Email addresses for TOLN:  oltl@toln.com or toln@toln.com

Comments

September 3, 2013 at 1:06 pm
(1) kelly says:

what i cant believe this is happing all over again. what is going on. i cant belive that i am reading this.i have suported one life to live for over a year and so has terri w. and others. i am so upset. i cant belive this..

September 3, 2013 at 2:44 pm
(2) dio says:

And it serves them well, I was promised a happily ever after and I waited patiently for 10 years, guess what? No John McBain on OLTL, romance for Natalie is sloppy-ass Cutter who is NO GOOD!!! and no father for Liam, BUMMER!!!!! I didn’t watch after the first 2 weeks for this reason, BROKEN PROMISES SUCK!

September 8, 2013 at 4:32 am
(3) peg says:

I am mad too
they will but oltl
I hope it wont be intill 2014
just hope hope
peg

September 8, 2013 at 8:00 am
(4) Kelly says:

This seems so unfair! I have always watched OLTL and now here we go again! We get sucked back in watchin our show again and now they are in talks of taking it away again!? Please don’t take it away again!!

September 8, 2013 at 9:07 am
(5) Gail says:

Please bring back OLTL and AMC. I still boycott channel 5 during the hours these shows were on. I do watch GH. I have watched and love all these soaps for many many years. They will always be more interesting to watch than reality TV.

September 8, 2013 at 9:38 am
(6) Terri says:

Over a year ago, after PP’s initial failed attempt at reviving the soaps, I resigned myself to what seemed to be the fact that OLTL and AMC were not going to return. So, I then turned to General Hospital and actually began ENJOYING Todd, Starr and John on that show. Then, PP came back again and made the return of our soaps a reality. I was overjoyed and supported it every step of the way. Of course, I was always hesitant to give over completely to the enthusiasm of having them back. The taste of being burned so bad the last time around still lingers, trust me. And it seems I was correct to be leery of getting my hopes up too high. So, now, they screwed up the OLTL 3 on GH for what?? For NOTHING?? Now Todd, Starr and John McBain are gone for GOOD, unless some miracle happens, OLTL returns and PP is able to get the original actors to play them. I read an interesting article yesterday on PP’s revival of the soaps online. It was written by Meg James of the L.A. Times. Search for “article on online soaps by Meg James” and you should be able to find the article. Or I can try and post a link, if we’re allowed to do that on here. Btw, Roger Howarth’s hair on GH is now back to its beautiful chestnut shade. Either they listened to the fans who hated the blonde or RH himself couldn’t stand it and asked to go back to his own color. Either way, THANK YOU. lol

September 8, 2013 at 9:43 am
(7) Terri says:

This should take you to that article. Note they’re talking about how AMC was higher in the ratings online than OLTL but OLTL had higher TV ratings. I did notice that toward the end of the soaps’ runs, AMC was usually making it still into the Hulu Top Ten most watched episodes and OLTL was either toward the bottom of the Top Ten or just beyond reaching it. That should tell the writers and producers what is working with AMC and NOT working with OLTL. Why don’t they just make the necessary improvements to OLTL instead of just shelving it?

September 8, 2013 at 11:00 am
(8) kelly says:

goodmorning terri you areright they should do inprovements. this just make me mad that we have this b.s. again

September 8, 2013 at 12:07 pm
(9) maddy says:

When AMC ans OLTL went off ABC,that was it for me…I read about PP”s new invention for them and found it a facade…the actors were worth more than the prank PP was making of them …The story line was more than an intelligent person could take. I wasn’t settling for anything less than the real thing, and unfortunately that was gone for good…You get what you pay for and this is your end result….I’d rather remember GH and OLTL the way they were with ABC than the pitiful immitation the storyline turned into. momma said cheap people like cheap entertainment. You reap what you sew…..Pathetic writing

September 8, 2013 at 1:48 pm
(10) Deb says:

I waited so patiently for the return of both OLTL and AMC. I bought HuluPlus SOLELY to watch the shows. I personally have been completely disappointed by what PP has produced.
The characters that are there and loved are still the same characters played by outstanding actors. However, the script writing is the pits.
In my opinion, both shows are cheesy and are an insult to not only the fans but the fine actors that hung in there waiting for their returns.

September 8, 2013 at 4:34 pm
(11) Terri says:

@Deb: Yeah, in that article I had read, the President of PP had stated that they came to realize fans wanted shorter times for the shows, faster storylines and fewer episodes per week so they didn’t have to “choose between either AMC or OLTL”—that apparently “fans” felt they had to choose only one show to watch because of time issues. WTH?? Right there is one of PP’s problems. I don’t know what so-called fans THEY were listening to, but it certainly was not the longtime, LOYAL soap fans of AMC and OLTL. Give us a HIGH-QUALITY product such as we have become used to all these years and we will INVEST the time to watch it. and that goes for BOTH soaps, not just one or the other. Shoot, I worked full-time and still managed to view all THREE ABC soaps for years!

September 8, 2013 at 4:36 pm
(12) Terri says:

Oh, and PP, that’s all three ABC soaps at ONE HOUR each! :)

September 8, 2013 at 5:22 pm
(13) BT says:

Oh good Lord, not again. I have watched OLTL since day one and am really ticked that we are once more at this point.

I have not watched any of the shows that replaced them and will never do so. I also do not watch GH. It’s the same old, same old.

PP, I want my OLTL back and I want it soon. I think that by now you should have realized that there are a lot of us loyal viewers. Please don’t screw us over again.

September 9, 2013 at 11:09 pm
(14) Carrie says:

I have been watching OLTL for ovet 30 years and every since it came back on! I missed it so much! Haven’t liked everything they have done with the soap, but I still watched! So please don’t take it away again now that we got it back!!!

September 10, 2013 at 8:38 pm
(15) France says:

I am so glad to not have really watched this new version of OLTL, seeing that it is already on hiatus, at least I have the good memory of an happy ending from the real OLTL when it first ended last year. It ended with a happy ending for all character and that is what I will remember from the soap I have watched for so many years. I followed John, Starr and Todd on GH, and then, with this dispute, GH was not able to keep them. This made me sad and mad. I so miss them. Reading all the dispute and problems PP has had since trying to revive it, makes me more happy not to have watched it. I am sorry to say this, but PP should have just left it gone and have the happy ending that ABC gave all the characters.

November 6, 2013 at 10:38 am
(16) La Hood says:

ABC need to take OLTL back they will have an available hour with Katie time slot, I read that abc is trying to find a replacement she will taken off the schedule. ABC need another soaps.