1. Entertainment

Roger Howarth to Appear Briefly on OLTL

By March 22, 2013

Actor Roger Howarth (OLTL/GH's Todd Manning)
Roger Howarth
(Todd Manning) will be back on Prospect Park's One Life to Live for four weeks to help with the re-launch of the soap. Although Todd and Blair will have scenes together, the fact that Todd has slept with GH's Carly will most likely have a role in their separation as a couple. This will also probably lead into the fact that Todd will be leaving Llanview and returning to Port Charles and getting back with his new gal. But for the fans of Roger Howarth, seeing him back in Llanview, even for a short period of time, will no doubt be a real treat!

Note: There has been no official word on whether Michael Easton (OLTL/GH's John McBain) or Kristen Alderson (OLTL/GH's Starr Manning) will return at all for the OLTL re-launch, but rumors from various sources have indicated they are planning on resuming their roles very shortly on General Hospital.

Check out these 25 Facts on Roger Howarth!

Comments

March 23, 2013 at 8:13 am
(1) kelly says:

i love todd. im glad he is back.iwish g.h. never messed with todd and blair. one the last show they were happy until todd got arrested. i hope victor comes back and the broters become friends. kaydee has done wonders with her fictional one life to live. with the brothers . lets hope one life to live does the same. i am glad that kaydeewill keep writting also.

March 24, 2013 at 7:30 am
(2) Terri says:

Kelly, Roger Howarth is only returning to help re-launch OLTL, he isn’t staying. He’ll be returning to General Hospital shortly. So, the storylines that the former OLTL writer, Ron Carlivati, has been formulating,on GH will remain. Prospect Park agreed to share the characters of Todd, John and Starr with GH and if we ever want to see potential crossovers of those people to the new OLTL, then they will have to write what has happened on GH into the stories on OLTL 2.0. Which means that Clint and Nataliw should be embroiled in the custody battle situation, keeping John away from Liam, Todd is now trying to win Carly back, Starr is with Michael, etc. These are the “official” storylines for the characters who have remained active and thriving on TV thanks to GH, RC and Frank Valentini.

March 24, 2013 at 12:04 pm
(3) Terri says:

One: I think you’re on the wrong board, “Jasam”. But, I understand why you wouldn’t post your nasty rant on the GH board. Maria would never allow it.

Two: Many people are glad Jason is gone. Many people want Carly with Todd.

Three: So, let’s now get back to OLTL 2.0.

March 24, 2013 at 1:49 pm
(4) Kay C says:

I wish your email was accessible, Katherine, so I could privately inform you of several things that you’ve left out of your summary of Roger’s upcoming time at OLTL, as well as how anyone can make assumptions such as yours with little or no information.

March 24, 2013 at 2:20 pm
(5) Terri says:

@Kay C.: don’t you get the newslerrer? Her e-mail is available.

@The other one: Nice to see you back, Nancy.

March 24, 2013 at 7:23 pm
(6) kelly says:

hi terri thanks for telling me about roger . i was hoping to have todd and blair back. you did say if they brought our show back that the characters would not be avalliable or would have moved on. i never thought that they would take off our show. but lets hope one life to live a goodcome back like dallas. i havent talked to you for awhile its good that this web site is back..talk to you later

March 25, 2013 at 10:51 am
(7) Terri says:

Hi Kelly! Yes, it IS so good to have this site back again! Who would have thought last fall that we’d be looking forward to OLTL and AMC, as well, coming back at the end of April? I never gave up hope, even though there sure were plenty of naysayers. lol
I only wanted to remind you that RH returning is only a temporary thing. I’m not sure they’d have time to write in anything regarding Victor (unless his return is centered on Victor being alive and held captive by Allison Perkins, I have no idea) and Todd and Blair reuniting doesn’t seem likely, since she’s committed to OLTL 2.0 and he’s under contract to ABC. So, who knows? Maybe down the road things will change. Right now, we just have to make sure that OLTL 2.0 is a major SUCCESS. Many industry people will be watching to see what happens with the ratings and the buzz and that will determine whether or not we get our soaps back on regular TV. Fingers crossed! Have a great day, Kelly!

March 25, 2013 at 2:27 pm
(8) kelly says:

hi terri i was glad to here from you. i havent talked to you for awhile. i know you never gave up on one life to live. neither did i .that is wonderful that its back it is weird that its not on t.v.if i cant get it on the computer i will try to read soaps digest. i think hulu is free or im not sure. but i do feel like our family is back..i made freinds with ypou you last year trying to get our soap back.have youseen dallas?it is getting good i will talk to you later and you have a good day also

March 26, 2013 at 11:13 am
(9) Terri says:

Kelly, I think Hulu is free and Hulu Plus is the one you have to subscribe to. I guess we’ll see how everything is going to work when the show debuts. I’m excited to see Viki, Clint, Dorian, David, etc. together again for the first time since OLTL went off the air January 2013.
And yes, I have been watching Dallas. I thought they did a nice job with the tribute to J.R./Larry Hagman. Did you see last night’s episode? If not, then don’t read any further unless you don’t mind spoilers—lol. It was so sad at the end of last night’s episode when both of Pamela’s babies’ heartveats flatlined on the monitor. I felt so bad for her and Christopher. I’ll have to check and see if About.com has a Dallas site, too. lol

March 26, 2013 at 2:06 pm
(10) Terri says:

Well, the latest news has Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson returning to General Hospital, but as NEW characters! Apparently, Prospect Park got a little too big for their britches and ABC and GH had enough. I have NO idea how that is going to be pulled off, but I know that I and many other fans, just will not accept any other actors in those roles. I never liked nor did I accept TSJ as Todd and I’d rather see Todd Manning killed off than have a “recast” attempt to play such an iconic character. And since I’ve also been watching the OLTL people on GH, I feel cheated out of an entire year’s worth of storylines and character history for Todd, John and Starr. This is so completely unnecessary and unacceptable! Way to go, PP! Anger the fans before OLTL 2.0 has even launched!

March 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm
(11) kelly says:

i am glad that mostley everone is going back. i wish that the old matthew and destiny would have been back. i have missed one life to live.imissed dallas last night liam is teething his two year molers. so we were up the night before. i watch dallas on damand..but its out. i have to call the cable company.it has gone out alot lately. iwondered about the babies that bastard cliff he had murdered his grand kids. they made him the devil. what a sob. they did do a good tribute to larry love the note j.r. wrote to sue ellen.i cried with her.i did look at dallas spoilers and afton was on. no wonder why she left cliff.the dallas website sounds good. soaps animals kids all get people talking, have a good day.talk to you later

March 28, 2013 at 6:02 am
(12) kelly says:

TERRI IDONTTHINKTHESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING I AM MAD THAT THEY CHANGED DESTENY AND MATHEW . THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT ONE LIFE TO LIVE ON AND NOT PUT ON A STUPID SHOW. I NEVER WATCHED. NEVER I CHECK IN ON G. H. ONCE IN aBLUE MOON ONE LIFE TO LIVE I WATCHED ALL THE TIME THEN EHEN I HAD SOAP NET IWOULD WATCH IT ON THERE. NOW SOAP NET IS GONE. YOU HAVE IT WITH THE DISH.I HAVE COMCASTCABLE.I CANT SEE TOD BEING ANY BODY. HE WAS PAUL RYAN ON AS THE WORLD TURNS.BUT HIS CHARACTER WAS LIKE TODD.I USE TOFLICK SOAPS DURING COMMERCIALS I SAW HIM.I HATE WHAT IS ON TV TODAY THEY HAVE TAKEN OFF MORE SOAPS I USE TOWATCH SANTA BARBARA IT WAS GREAT TO PUTT A SOAP ON WHEN YOUR KIDS WERE NAPPING. NOW THEY HAVE STUPID SHOW.I DID SEE DALLAS IT WAS SAD A LOSS OF A CHILD IS HEARTBREAKING. WHY THE WRITTERS HAD TO WRITE THAT IN.G.H.PUT STARR TODD AND JOHN ON TO CATCH VIEWERS. ITHINK THEY RELISED THE SHOULD HAVE LEFT ONE LIFE TO LIVE AND ALL MY CHILDREN ALONE .IT SUCK THAT THEY PUT IT BACK ON COMPUTER.IAM HOPING I CAN WATCH ONHULU.I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER .

March 31, 2013 at 2:44 am
(13) Clark says:

Why couldn’t they just have gotten Trevor Saint John back??

March 31, 2013 at 8:02 am
(14) Terri says:

TSJ would be great as long as he’s Victor Lord, Jr. If anything, I’d rather see PP kill off the character of Todd Manning rather than recast the role with someone who just can’t match RH’s intensity and multi-layered performance. Roger Howarth’s charisma cannot be duplicated.

April 1, 2013 at 8:41 am
(15) kelly says:

terri iagree with you t.sj.isbetter as victor. iwould love for him and todd to be friends and have that twin connection that twins have.i also hope a chanel would pick up one life to live.i am gonna try to watch it on hulu because i do miss it.have a good day. talk to you later.

April 1, 2013 at 9:50 am
(16) dio says:

NOT NO!! BUT HELL NO!!!!! I am not going to be cheated out of John and Natalie and Liam’s happily ever; this was seven years in the making that I watched every scene, every glance, every nuance, jeared when the writers R.C and whoever else put John’s character with someone else, cried & cheered when they would put him back with his true love, Natalie, only to “hate on them” again for ripping them apart one more time. When John found out that Liam was his son & he forgave Nat, I was thrilled!!!!! and now you guys are going to cheat me again????? McBain needs to LEAVE Sam alone unless they bring him back as Jason! PHEWEY on ABC and on Prospect Park!

April 1, 2013 at 12:26 pm
(17) joanne says:

i will b watching but what time will these two shows be on cause i want to still watch GH also i love all three of these shows an thnk u sooooo much for bringing them BACK u made me soooooooo HAPPY NOW !

April 1, 2013 at 4:40 pm
(18) Sandi says:

I despise Todd/Roger Howarth. I have hated him from day one. Terrible
actor playing a creep. Big stretch! Please, please get rid of him on ANY
show!!!

April 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm
(19) GemmaG says:

Todd is a multi dimensional character, and not always the good guy, which makes the character a lot of fun. The 3 moving to GH got me to watch, and I love Carly and Todd together. GH was never as good as OLTL, some of the writing in the past kind of made me reluctant to watch. The OLTL team has made GH watchable again, but somehow I do not feel they did all they could with Todd…. maybe its the same writers on the final line. GH got better, but OLTL will hopefully lead daytime drama in a new direction. I wish all 3 actors the best and hope they do what is right for them and their families, but neither show will be the same without them. Too bad we will lose the character of Todd, he is so rich in dysfunction and a leader among fictional cities….

May 15, 2013 at 1:13 am
(20) J says:

Before they took the show off nobody notice that the main characters made the show. It was intense, nail biting and very suspenseful as well as All My Children. You have to find a way to keep these characters on the set because I gotta tell you channels 4 & 7 are pretty boring. I just couldn’t get into them as I was with channel 5. I love Todd and Zach they were the _ _ _ _(fill in blanks). And yes please bring John and Starr back.