1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Long-Live Llanview!

By October 29, 2012

Well, it has come time to say goodbye to all my loyal readers over the past 13 years. I have tremendously enjoyed every minute I had working on this site in order to bring you the best One Life to Live spoilers, news, recaps, photos, etc. and I shall truly miss it. I cannot thank my fellow OLTL fans enough on how much your support has meant to me.

The good news is, my good friend and our terrific fan fiction writer, Kaydee, has agreed to keep the scripts coming your way. All of Kaydee's previous fan fiction will remain here on the About.com One Life to Live site, which you will continue to have access to. All future fan fiction scripts will now be published on the Llanview Lives blog! I hope you come join us as we continue the storylines of Llanview.

It's been a great ride and long-live Llanview!
Your former OLTL Guide,
~Katherine

Comments

October 29, 2012 at 6:19 pm
(1) kelly says:

kathrine thank you for this website i fond it by accident. kaydee ia a wonderful writter and person.

October 29, 2012 at 7:09 pm
(2) jazmine yancey says:

thank you for everthing…..see you in Angel Square !

October 29, 2012 at 7:13 pm
(3) Julie says:

Hi Katherine,

I was sad to see this e-mail but I assumed the time had to come. I still miss One Life to Live like it was canceled yesterday. I don’t like what they did with the characters’ history so I can’t watch GH, and last week I walked into a doctor’s office and saw John McBain, Todd, and Tea on the screen and did a double take and then felt very, very sad and strange. What a big loss we all had.

Thank you so much for the great newsletter and your support of the show and the fans. There will never be anything like it. I wish you the best of everything.

Julie

October 30, 2012 at 9:21 am
(4) Terri W. says:

Katherine, thank you for all the years of contributing to our enjoyment of OLTL. This is another sad day, adding to the great loss we continue to feel over our beloved soap’s cancellation. While I do continue to watch GH and support the soap genre as a whole (in the hopes that it—and OLTL—will be revived at some point by a savvy TV exec), I will forever be waiting for Viki, Dorian, Clint, David, etc. to arrive in Port Charles to support the Llanview transplants. (Maybe Natalie will show up with Liam in tow? At present, the writers have ruined John McBain, who now seems more concerned over a stranger and her baby than his own son and the Llanview woman who was supposed to be the “love of his life”. Never before was John a fickle man.)
Much success and happiness to you in the future, Katherine! Maybe we’ll all meet again if they finally bring OLTL back to TV, where it belongs.
Terri :)

October 30, 2012 at 10:35 am
(5) Julie says:

Hi Terri,

It’s good to see you here. I am happy that some of the actors got jobs on GH and the characters got new life. I just find the direction they are being taken too sad for me to watch personally, and I miss everyone else too much. I do hope GH and the other remaining soaps stay on the air. I have been getting my fix by watching Hollywood Heights which On Demand just started airing from the beginning.

I hope you are right that some sensible TV exec will realize what they have thrown away and bring Llanview back in its entirety. I will always hold out a little hope for that.

Take care.

Julie

October 30, 2012 at 5:57 pm
(6) Terri W. says:

Hi Julie!
It’s so great to see you on here, too! It’s been a while. I know how you feel about the directions in which our OLTL favorites seem to be heading and it isn’t always easy for me to watch either. I’m usually talking—okay, yelling–haha!–at the TV “John would never DO that He’d be rushing off to find his SON!” or “Todd is Blair’s and will always BE Blair’s”. And don’t even get me started on how quickly Starr has been able to get past losing her fiance AND baby girl! Michael’s her “boyfriend” now? Ugh! I grew up watching GH, too, though (and AMC), and I like many of the longtime actors on that show. Finola Hughes and Jane Elliott are amazing and I love their dynamic with Anthony Geary. (I even love Finola playing off Roger Howarth’s Todd. I’d like to see them thrown together down the road just to see how that would play out.)

Let’s keep our fingers crossed that our predictions for some intelligent TV exec to resurrect our beloved show comes to pass. You’d better be back here when that happens! :D

You take care, too, Julie! It’s great talking to you.
Terri

October 30, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(7) Julie says:

Hi Terri,

I am glad that you and others are watching GH. I guess I have taken the whole thing more personally than I expected. I did watch two episodes and was blown away that they killed Cole and Hope, and seeing them throw Todd toward Carly was depressing for me too, after waiting forever for Todd and Blair to get together, so I guess I just said no after that.

I wish success for GH and even more for both shows (and AMC) to come back some day.

Let’s hope we run into each other again when that happens!

Take care.

Julie

October 31, 2012 at 6:07 pm
(8) kaydee says:

Hi, all!

For those of you who still want to read the Fantasy Fiction, I will be continuing them on Katherine’s new site “Llanview Lives”. You can access them here in just a few days.