1. Entertainment

'The Revolution' Gets the Ax - GH Stays on the Air!

By April 12, 2012

Well it's official - ABC's The Revolution will go off the air on Friday, July 6!

This is certainly good news for fans of the former ABC soap One Life to Live, which went off the air this past January. This is also good news for General Hospital, which has been renewed for at least another year, and possibly longer. It's really too bad that ABC didn't just keep OLTL on the air, considering how bad the ratings for The Revolution received. Unfortunately because ABC was only thinking of the bottom line, I honestly think they forgot how this move impacted the fans across the board and I don't think the fans would have ever accepted this new show that replaced OLTL. I am happy for the former stars of OLTL in keeping their jobs, but I do find it hard to see so many Llanview characters on GH.

Comments

April 12, 2012 at 4:45 pm
(1) Terri W. says:

YAAAAAAYYYY!!!! LOL Great about GH staying, but frankly, we will NOT be satisfied and will NOT return to any other ABC/Disney programming until OLTL is BACK ON THE AIR!!!! It was the highest rated soap! The only way they’ve been able to bump up GH’s ratings is by bringing OLTL people on to the show. That’s growing old FAST. The more we are reminded of Llanview, the more we want our show to RETURN. We want the entire CAST to return, not just paltry crumbs here and there. Port Charles was a nice place to visit, but we don’t want to LIVE there. We want to move back to LLANVIEW, PA.!!!!!!!!

April 12, 2012 at 4:46 pm
(2) kelly says:

good i hate what a.b.c. has done. they put this stupid show on took off a good soap opera. three gone on four months of not watching one life to live. brain frons. you and a.b.c. mess up.

April 12, 2012 at 4:56 pm
(3) kelly says:

terri iwas glad to hear the news about the revulation yes its going off now lets hope they a.b.c.will put back our one life to live i acnt believe a.b.c, put all us one life to live fans thought hell. taking off our show. what the hell. plwease a.b.c. put back our one life to live.

April 12, 2012 at 9:29 pm
(4) Micheline says:

I’m glad GH is staying, and the revolution got the axe, but the chew has to go too, that show is downright ridiculous, there is not one person who is worth watching, axe the chew as well!! That show is overrun by freaks!

April 13, 2012 at 9:08 am
(5) Terri W. says:

Kelly: Yes, and I’m sure Brian Frons is off somewhere enjoying his huge severance package for being the “face” of ABC/Disney’s “we’ve done studies and today’s audiences don’t want soaps, they want INFORMATION” b.s.! So ABC/Disney—-how’s that “information” programming working out for you? Oh and Anne Sweeney, I noticed in TV Guide, CBS continues to trump ABC every week for “most watched” shows of the week! Sucks to be you ABC/Disney! Want a REAL audience again? Bring back OLTL!!!!!

April 13, 2012 at 3:48 pm
(6) kelly says:

a.b.c. terri is right bring back our beloved one live to live. hi terri. i totaly agree i wish i knew how to get our show back. i didnt even bother to watch g.h. today or any soap. the other soaps dont even compare to one life to live.at 2 p.m. the television was on my show was on. we have to try to get it back..

April 14, 2012 at 5:32 am
(7) Vanessa Miller says:

I am glad GH is staying on but it sure isn’t OLTL. I miss my Landview friends really bad!! I am watching GH because they have brought some OLTL characters over but it isn’t the same at all. ABC really made a huge mistake when they said people didn’t want soaps any more. They should of asked the ones that watch them instead of someone who lined his pockets with their money and never turned on a TV during the day. We have enough reality just by doing what we do every day. We want a break. That is why people watch any program on tv. At this timetime I am glad CBS is kicking ABC’s butt on ratings. I think theere are better programs on Fox as well. ABC please wake up and give the people who patranize your network what we want. Give us back OLTL!!

April 14, 2012 at 12:03 pm
(8) Terri W. says:

Vanessa, that’s basically what Erika Slezak had said in an interview with TV Guide’s Michael Logan. She stated that when the cast and crew were told about AMC’s and OLTL’s cancellations, the execs said it was because ABC had done studies and the results were that no one wanted soaps anymore, they wanted “information”. And she flat out said, “That’s b.s.! People will ALWAYS want entertainment!”. So, so TRUE. I miss her BIG time, along with all the other cast members. Yes, GH is something to tide us over, with some of the Llanview people crossing over, but it isn’t OLTL and will never be OLTL.

April 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm
(9) kelly says:

hi terri. i agree with you the other soaps arent the same. you watch here and there.but one life to live i watch faithful. when i had nonstress test with my pregnancy iwould watch it until i had to go at 230 then would watch the last half hour at 9 on soap net. i dont have soapnet. but i dont feel the loss like i do one l ife to live what the hell did you do and a.b.c. put our one life to live on please.brin frons.you are a mean man you money grubber.

April 15, 2012 at 10:06 am
(10) Terri W. says:

Kelly: Just remember, Brian Frons may be a total jerk, but if it hadn’t been him in the position to hand down the horrible news, it would have been someone else. The decisions were not his alone to make—they came down from the people at the very top at ABC/Disney. They’re the ones who call the shots and the people below them are the ones who put the face on the decisions and take the fall. It doesn’t mean we have to make excuses for all of them, because they’re obviously more than willing to do it for that hefty paycheck, but when it comes down to it—all of it—ABC, SoapNet, etc.—it’s all owned by Mickey Mouse himself. Of course, that explains a lot! The head honchos making the decisions must be “Dopey” and “Goofy”. And that just makes all of us soap fans GRUMPY.

April 16, 2012 at 10:46 am
(11) kelly says:

terri you do have a point the whole a.b.c. /disney is to blame. i am so glad that the revelution is is getting blown off. it should have been put.on in the first place. these people took off a good soap. they should have taken off g.h. that show is stupid.i hope that they will want to bring up their ratings that they lost and bring back our one life to live.

April 16, 2012 at 10:58 am
(12) Terri W. says:

Supposedly, ABC/Disney is replacing the Revulsion with an afternoon rip-off of Good Morning America. I don’t watch the GMA that airs in the actual MORNING, so I’ll never watch it in the afternoon. I won’t watch anything they put in OLTL’s time slot or anything that airs on ABC the rest of the day (other than GH—for now—I’m waiting to see what they do with McBain/Natalie/Liam).

April 16, 2012 at 11:11 am
(13) Terri W. says:

Forgot one more thing! LOL I posted a message (or TRIED to) on the “official” ABC GH boards complaining about how we OLTL fans are not happy with the crumbs thrown to us on GH and we miss Todd with Blair, Viki, Clint, etc. and guess what? It hasn’t been posted on there (I’ve checked for several days now). Apparently, whoever moderates those boards for ABC/Disney won’t let anything go through if it’s mentioning bringing back OLTL and pointing out that OLTL’s ratings were much HIGHER than GH’s. Am I 100% certain that’s what’s going on with those boards? Of course not. But, it does seem VERY suspicious.

April 18, 2012 at 12:31 pm
(14) kelly says:

terri. it seems like a.b.c. doesnt care. they should especialy if one life to live was the most rated best soap, all my children was o.k. to flick here and thre but g.h. is stupid the mob connie/ kate sam so winey latley. i cant believe they signed anothercontract

April 18, 2012 at 2:46 pm
(15) Terri W. says:

Kelly, I suppose they renewed GH because it’s the only soap ABC/Disney has left. They’re still in production and so it’s a lot easier to just keep that than attempt to bring back our show. OLTL is like Humpty-Dumpty now. They’d have to put all the pieces back together again and at the moment, it isn’t possible to do that. I don’t know if it will ever be possible at this point. Even if OLTL, by some miracle, DID return, it’s highly unlikely that it wil resemble OLTL as it was when it went off the air January 13th. :(

April 18, 2012 at 6:31 pm
(16) kelly says:

i wish there was a way to bring our soap back. we have been writing for months. i wonder if any a.b.c.exc even read what we write. i asked kaydee if she new anyone. her stories are wonderful.she is bringing our soap back, i wish someone can put it it back on air. o.m.g. their use to be a show called dancin on air in the 80s i heard they are bring it back. so there may be hope f[or one life to live. kelly rippa was on the show.

April 19, 2012 at 10:18 am
(17) Terri W. says:

I never heard of the show you mentioned, but TNT is bringing back Dallas this summer, which I’m looking forward to. But, remember, these are shows that have been OFF the air for 20-30 something YEARS. Once that much time has passed, old things seem “new” again. OLTL has only been gone for several months, which is too long in MY opinion, but maybe not in the opinion of some network executive.

April 19, 2012 at 12:45 pm
(18) Anonymous says:

You guys really need to smell the coffee and move on with your lives, life is full of changes here and there, you have to learn to adapt to these changes, it really isn’t very healthy to live in the past you know…lollll

April 19, 2012 at 6:37 pm
(19) kelly says:

terri dancin on air was a teen dance show i was never on. but watched.i heard they are bring back dallas with out pam. remermber pam and bobby? to anonymous. i know the past is the past but thre are memorys. i will talk to you later terri

April 19, 2012 at 9:07 pm
(20) Anonymous says:

Memories are one thing, and even with memories we do not bring them up every second of every day!! We do it every now and then. That is an absolute obsesssion, or should I say… a fixation! It’s like if you don’t have that soap back, you’ll die! face it…OLTL will not be coming back, besides it wasn’t as good as it used to be, so now I have accepted the changes and have moved on to another soap, and so should you!

April 19, 2012 at 10:12 pm
(21) Anonymous says:

You guys aren’t talking memories here…you are incredibly “OBSESSED” with the show to come back! Talking about it constantly won’t bring it back, get a life!

April 20, 2012 at 2:29 pm
(22) Terri W. says:

I love how someone named “ANONYMOUS” always has the answers to everything and has their life in order more than anyone else. Gee—ANONYMOUS (brave soul there!)—if you have accepted OLTL’s fate and moved on to another soap, why aren’t you on THAT board instead of checking out OLTL’s—you know, the one you claimed you aren’t obsessed with any longer? But, here you are, having to drop your two cents worth in on someone else’s conversation. I’ve already stated that I doubt OLTL will be able to come back and even if it DID, it would not be the same as before. However, I have made some friends on these boards and we continue to converse with each other. Not only about OLTL, but about the crossovers to GH, which IS still on the air. And ANONYMOUS—-that you think you’ve “gotten a life” would lead me to wonder why you’d even be watching soaps in the firat place! I would think you’d find that sort of thing beneath your spectacular intellect—a-hem. Thank you for displaying how much time you have on YOUR hands to be reading all the comments here and feeling the need to express an unasked for opinion—one which you don’t even have the stones to put a name to.

April 20, 2012 at 4:13 pm
(23) kelly says:

hi terri. that is true i read this from anonomymus and im like what ever. at least you and i arent cursing or talking about doing hurtful things to people.

April 21, 2012 at 12:28 am
(24) anon says:

Fact Is ABC ruined daytime for many soap fans. That’s nice GH has been renewed for another year fabulous but seriously where does that leave hardcore fans on OLTL AND AMC????? was never a big fan of GH i wastch it sometimes and since ABC booted my favorite soaps off I no longer watch ABC Period. Of Course I moved on To the Y&R and that’s about it so cheers to GH but a fight it is gonna be to bring back AMC &OLTL!

April 21, 2012 at 9:51 am
(25) Terri W. says:

Yeah, ABC/Disney ruined daytime TV. I’ve watched a few of the other soaps, but they still aren’t OLTL. It isn’t an “obsession” to say that or to be missing a show that has only been off the air for several months when you watched it for its entire FORTY-THREE YEARS on the air. It’s more of an obsession to be scouring these boards, reading what everyone is saying and then taking the time to COMMENT, when you claim you have “moved on”. Apparently not. And that just makes that person a hypocrite who doesn’t even have the courage to place a name to their posts.
I’ve been watching GH here and there—if Anna is on, I tend to pay more attention. I’ve always liked her. But, I’m sorry—I have TRIED very hard to like GH and many of the other storylines just are NOT holding my interest, mainly because I had quit watching GH at least several years ago (maybe more—lost count). I never really saw all the stuff with this Franco guy (so I don’t care NOW), never saw Sonny getting back with Kate/Connie (OMG, tiring of yet another DID storyline—-if you HAVE to do one, bring Bree back on—she nailed the Jess/Tess thing!). I find myself reading through much of GH or getting up and doing some work while it’s on. But, having said that, I’m hanging in just a while longer, to see where the stories will go after they wrap up a few that were already on the canvas when RC and FV took over. Where on EARTH did Todd go???? I thought they signed him!

April 21, 2012 at 3:49 pm
(26) kelly says:

hi terri i am so glad its not justme. general i havent even bothererd to watch all week. y and r here and there also with bandb i dont even really have t.v. on that much.i put on chanel12 for my little one.but he doent really watch it. do you still have soapnet? now i have disney jr. something like that. we ll i only watched soapnet for one life to live last year i use to watch one tree hill on saturdays. disney jr i think has some of the stuff the other disney chanel has. the hell what people say you are right then we go on and read peoples stuff. that is like listing in on a c.b. before cell phones my husband and i use to have cb radios because we would lose each other we use to try to find each other then people would say stuff. there isnt any other soap that is worth watching. they are not our one life to live.

April 22, 2012 at 7:21 am
(27) SUSAN says:

HI KATHERINE , I HAVE BEEN WATCHING ONE LIFE TOLIVE, AND ALL MY CHILDREN FOR 40 YEARS, I WAS SO UPSET WHEN THEY ENDED , JUST RETIRED, AND LOOKED FORWARD TO THEM , THEN WHEN THE END CAME I WATCHED GENERAL HOSPITAL BECAUSE SOME ACTORS CAME ON THERE , THANKYOU GENERAL HOSPITAL I PICKED UP STORYLINE RIGHT AWAY , THEY MADE IT EASY FOR US SINCERLY SUSAN

April 22, 2012 at 8:26 am
(28) Robin M says:

Wow Terri, I have agreed with everything you have said today. We must be on the same wavelength. I, too, have watched OLTL almost the entire 43 years. It’s like losing a member of your family, not just a TV show.

I think “Anonymous” just wanted some attention or else why write such an antagonistic comment.

April 22, 2012 at 8:39 am
(29) LAVERNE MASTERS says:

I MISS OLTL SO BAD. HAVE WATCHED FOR ALL THE YEARS AND NO OTHER SOAP CAN TOUCH BACE WITH ME. I DONT WATCH ANY OTHER SOAP. BRING BACK OLTL.

April 22, 2012 at 8:48 am
(30) Diane S. says:

I guess I am not the only fan that has watched OLTL since its inception 43 years ago….those actors were part of my home; I invited them into my den every day; I watched the kids grow up; I knew everyone’s names as if they were my relatives….these stupid food shows are exactly that …stupid…they act so corny on the show; it has no meaning. Yes, ABC, get rid of those shows and bring back One LIfe to Live with all the characters…even old ones that have moved on…let them move back to Llanview! All the viewers will agree to this……bring this show back to our homes. I miss the show very much and hope ABC you will understand the meaning of family, real or not…….we want to see Tea’s new baby too!

April 22, 2012 at 10:31 am
(31) Terri W. says:

Thanks guys. :) I won’t say I’ve never stepped into the middle of someone else’s conversation, but when I do it, it’s usually because I’m joining in on the fun to agree with them or because the posts are vicious, rude or just plain inappropriate. Everyone should be able to enjoy these boards without having to worry about being attacked by ignorant jerks. The bottom line is: people who genuinely HAVE “moved on” are busy doing whatever it is they’ve moved on to and don’t linger around, waiting to post snarky comments.
OLTL was a family tradition in my home. My mom and I shared our love for this show and I held her hand, watching it with her, when she was terminally ill. I took comfort in the show once she passed away. After so many decades, losing OLTL IS like another “death”. Even ABC/Disney must realize how important OLTL was/is to so many people, since they moved characters from our show to GH, in an attempt to save THAT show (which—hello—WORKED—for NOW, at least). In that sense, OLTL isn’t “gone”, but it certainly isn’t the SAME. And Kelly, yes, I am still getting SoapNet. I have Dish Network—satellite—and it is still running SoapNet. Veronica Mars reruns are on right now.

April 22, 2012 at 11:28 am
(32) Julie says:

Hi Terri,

First, thanks for your comments to the brave “annonymous.” I don’t have the energy to respond to that and you said it very well.

In case anyone has not noticed, there is not a lot of great programming these days, and I feel that OLTL was never better than it was the last year or two it was on. I don’t have much hope for it’s return either, but I miss it so much. It was there for me every night after a long day. I watched for 33 years, since high school! I am not “obcessed.” I just really appreciated something good (calorie free, stress free) in my life and felt the loss very deeply, like so many others. It was more like a friend than a TV show.

Terri, have you heard anything else about NBC’s interest? That would be amazing. Apparently at some point Katie Couric is going to have the OLTL time slow or GH’s old one. I have no interest in her or anything else they could put on. I tried GH but it made me too sad so I’m not following that. I am still happy for the actors having jobs from OLTL, but I can’t handle it.

Thanks again Terri for the great points you made.

April 22, 2012 at 11:32 am
(33) penny says:

I stopped watching OLTL years ago when they started that dreadful teen musical stuff. It completely ruined the soap. And now that Starr is on GH, they are giving her a recording contract and using her *songs* on the show. If I wanted to see a musical, I would go to see a crappy off Broadway play.

April 22, 2012 at 1:47 pm
(34) OLTL, I miss you! says:

As much as I hate to wish bad things on anyone, I am glad they are canceling The Revolution. I miss OLTL so much! There is a street in the Main Line section of Philadelphia called Llanfair, and it makes me sad whenever I go by. (Agnes Nixon was from the Main Line, so I am guessing that she got the name from that street!)

I wish they would bring OLTL back. I will never watch ABC at that time unless they do.

Please, though – don’t slam “The Chew.” The people on there are really good people who love to cook and are great teachers. I’m glad they got a chance, although I wish ABC had found a different time for it.

April 22, 2012 at 2:31 pm
(35) Terri W. says:

Hi Julie and everybody. No, I have not heard any more regarding the NBC thing. I’ll have to check their Facebook page later on and see if there is anything new. I can’t believe that Katie Couric’s ratings would be any better than The Revulsion’s. ABC/Disney tried her out on Good Morning America recently for about a week and that week’s ratings did not beat The Today Show. Her stint on the CBS Evening News found her ranking last every night in the ratings. So, where someone got the idea that giving her a talk show in the afternoon would be ratings gold is beyond me. This idea no doubt originated from the same person who felt that people didn’t want soaps anymore, they wanted “information”. Ha!! My main concern now is whether they will end up keeping GH at its present time slot or move it to where The Revulsion was, in order to give the lead-in to KC.
And OLTL I Miss You: I have no doubt that the people on The Chew (normally I would call it The Spew, but for you I will make an exception this once—lol) are good people. But, they aren’t stupid—they had to know they wouldn’t be high on the popularity list of fans of AMC. I still will NOT watch the show, good people or not. I can do two good things at once that way—-stand up for my principles and at the same time, reduce the amount of time I spend glued to a TV. Win-win. :)

April 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm
(36) Meria Johnfroe says:

I hope my opinion is excepted by d regulars for I enjoy reading all d opinions. I too have watched OLTL since conception &I miss it so much! I’m a homemaker &I have raised my 3arm bio children plus 4 homeless children(not taking any government help) & had it not it been for my soap operas I would not have had a break n d daily grind. Oh, yea, I’d prefer being obsessed on Soaps than DRUGS like so many ppl r today! I TOLD ALL PPL THAT I SPOKE TO, THAT ABCs’ REVOLUTION WOULD BOMB!! I’M SO HAPPY THAT IT’S GOING OFF! PPL should listen to our FATHERS’ WORD, FATHER STATED THAT THIS GENERATION(FIG TREE), WOULD HAVE CHILDREN FOR THEIR LEADERS! SEEMS LIKE ABC SURELY HAS KIDS AS THEIR LEADERS TOO! BRING OLTL BACK!! THANK U FOR LISTENING!

April 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm
(37) Mary Martin says:

Heard “The Revolution” has been cancelled. Jumping for joy!! I must say it was no surprise. Ever since OLTL went off the air in January my tv has been turned off from 2:00 to 3:00.
Now, what can we fans do to bring OLTL back on the air?

April 22, 2012 at 3:51 pm
(38) Julie says:

Good points about Katie Couric. I have nothing against her but no interest either. As for the Chew, I don’t want to be mean, and I’m sure they are nice people, but I liked AMC too, even though it was not at its best more recently, and I found the Chew painful to watch. Maybe it has evolved since I checked it out in the beginning, but they seem to just do a lot of laughing holding up meat or laughing while someone eats something. Or the brilliant cooking tips (like youi can use goat cheese to make mac and cheese). I think I could have figured that out on my own somehow. I don’t know know what they were thinking.

Please keep me posted if you find anything on NBC. I have not found anything on google so far.

I it nice to be able to keep in touch with peple who feel the same way. I went through some difficult things with illness in my family over the last four years, and I don’t think I would have made it through without OLTL at the end of each day. I never thought it would end. I thought I would be watching it after I retired.

April 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm
(39) Terri W. says:

Meria: Of course, you’re allowed to voice your opinions. :) It’s only the people whose opinions are expressed in a rude manner and mainly serve to cut others down that I (and obviously others, too) have a problem with.

And Mary, I’m not sure what we can do yet, but there are still people trying to get the message out there. Cat Hickland said we were “being heard” by the top people at other networks, but not sure what that spells for the future. On Facebook. there have been comments asking NBC to buy the rights to OLTL. Not sure what’s going on with that.

April 22, 2012 at 5:04 pm
(40) kelly says:

hi terry and everyone i think what we are writting and suporting our soap might say alot. i hope some excs are reading our stuff. right now alls we can do is keep suporting one life to live. it has gotten everybody trough alot. everyone in the world has problems. watching a soap that we all love helps .but even if you have a good day it is nice to watch our t.v. we have been robbed of our show.i have enjoyed talking to terry she is a nice person.

April 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm
(41) Terri W. says:

Thank you for the compliment, Kelly! It’s nice of you to say that. But, you know, most of the people on here are nice. It’s only a few “rotten apples” that have caused problems, but they’re powerless when it comes to keeping me from having a good time or doing what I want to do! LOL

April 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm
(42) Lisa says:

Oh I agree with Kelly…yes, Terri you ARE a nice person, and I am glad you’re not letting some of those “rotten apples” get to you. I wonder who was behind that Annonymous comment?! Anyways, I am still in mourning, I miss OLTL so much, to me it didn’t feel like just a show, it was like family, i also found it to be very soothing and a great escape from real life problems!

Terri, since you mentioned it, I too am wondering what ever happened to Todd, I know he signed a contract with GH, with him being on it, it made GH a little more bearable to watch, if I hear anything I’ll let you guys know, I promise!

April 22, 2012 at 8:39 pm
(43) joanne meadows says:

i just wish they would put,oltl back on i really miss watching it if they were gonna take off a soap it could have been the guilding light i love oltl i been watching sent i was about 10 so do something good put it back on.joanne meadows

April 22, 2012 at 8:46 pm
(44) Julie says:

I really appreciate everyone’s comments. I’m glad I’m not alone in this. I also know a lot of people not on here who miss OLTL. The show had so many more viewers than their ratings told.

If anyone knows of a specific person to write to at NBC or anywhere else, please put it up on this board. I guess ABC is a lost cause. I really believe they didn’t open the mail they received. They don’t care about the viewers.

April 22, 2012 at 9:50 pm
(45) kelly says:

terry i do enjoy writing to lisa also i have written to her. hi lisa i was wondering where you have been i havent seen that you have been on. i am a talker. i think we have alot of nice people on then there are ones, i just egnore i have 16 years of practice my mother in law, she is nasty to her kids me my kids. so i know rude. my outlook on life life is short. i dont care what people do. well it was nice talking to you guys.

April 22, 2012 at 10:41 pm
(46) DIANE IRIS says:

YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH. MAYBE ABC WILL BRING
ONE LIVE TO LIVE BACK IN THE AFTERNOON. I HAVE A
FEELING IT WILL BE BACK AGAIN.
ABC WILL SURPRISE US ALL.

April 23, 2012 at 6:55 am
(47) Julie says:

Hi Diane,

I hope you are right! It always good to have faith. I hope ABC and NBC are reading this and the other boards.

Julie

April 23, 2012 at 8:58 am
(48) Lisa says:

You’re right girls, we need to have faith, I know the execs at ABC are way to proud to admit they made a huge mistake, but I have a hunch myself they will give us our soap back, especailly when they realize they lost alot of money and the ratings go downhill, and they know that most of us fans will never watch the replacement shows, they will have no choice but to bring our beloved soap back!

Hi Kelly! Sorry for my absence, I was busy with work and we had a few renovations to do, but, here I am, glad to be among my warm online friends! :-) I enjoy talking to you too Kelly!

April 23, 2012 at 10:50 am
(49) kelly says:

hi lisa . i know sometimes you get buys especially when it is nice out. the kids want to be out. you cant blame them. my son is getting ready to walk. so god only knows when i can come on . my kids are on when they come home from school. or mario brothers.i have to do renovations also. my husband is ruffing in someones bathroom. he needs to do ours. its hard with the baby he wont stay with my parents . he only wants me or my husband. thats not good. my daughter has a gallstone. i never knew that teanagers could have them. it like what are we going to do with liam. if she needs surgury.. he will have to watch him. i heard that there is medicine she could take . i guess i will find out when she goes for a follow up.i hope that the excs are reading and we get our one life to live back. i dont like g.h. i stoped watching. well it was nice chatting with you

April 23, 2012 at 7:54 pm
(50) Lisa says:

Hi kelly,

Awwww…Sorry to hear that your daughter has a gallstone! That’s strange, I have known grownups with gallstones, but never a teen. Hope all goes well with her, Kelly! As for a toddler, I remember my girls, and how they always wanted to be held by me or their daddy, you know what they say, it’s always sweeter to be held by the parents!

I don’t like GH either, I started watching when our OLTL people were on, but now I completely gave up on it, I look at Y&R, B&b here and there, but it just doesn’t spark my interest like OLTL did! When I need that escape and relaxation, I watch the cassettes I taped when our soap was on the air.

April 23, 2012 at 9:16 pm
(51) kelly says:

hi lisa i looked up on the computer they say yes teenagers can have gall blater and she has sludge and a stone. that was last weeks problem.i love when the babies cuddle and want you.. he will be a year in may i dont know where the year has gone. him and i use to watch one life to live.i named him liam after liam mcbain. i wish they can put our beloved soap back. i hope terri is right that n.b.c. will bring it back if a.b.c. doesnt. i have enjoyed talking to you and terri. it funny i usally talk topeople through kid and animals. this soap has got us talking. i hope a,b.c. realise what they did taking off our soap. that is good that you can still watch it. i was watching old one life to live soapnet. the took it off. i dont miss it. because our one life to live is off. that was my favoritte soap. well i have to go the kids are nuts, it like when you pick up the phone they go nuts.

April 23, 2012 at 10:36 pm
(52) Carole says:

Congrats to GH for being renewed! They should bring back OLTL and have cross overs with One Life and GH; but keep the two soaps. Also bring back Soap.net; We need that for people who have busy lifestyles but love their soaps.

April 24, 2012 at 2:14 am
(53) Claire Cook says:

Please ABC Executives put One Life to Live back on the air. It was such a good soap and I can’t believe you cancelled it and not GH. OLTL rated higher in the ratings than GH and you took the wrong soap off, Now you are trying to shove some of the stars from OLTL down our throats. OLTL had great talented actors and actresses and I feel sorry for all those actors and actresses who lost their job. So bring OLTL back to ABC. Correct your mistake, NOW!!!!!!! Thank You

April 24, 2012 at 9:07 am
(54) kelly says:

clair i agree with you thank you to all of you who want our beloved soap put back on. i agree g.h. is a waste of time

April 25, 2012 at 12:41 pm
(55) deb4u says:

Katherine, I usually appreciate your opeing comments but I do wish you could get on board with the few castmembers at OLTL fortunate enough to have landed work on GH (as their OLTL characters). You said it’s hard to see them on GH but where would you rather see them…the unemployment line? To Y&R where so many AMC actors have taken up new roles and buried their former characters (RIP)? The fans have been successful in getting The Revolution cancelled. Now I think we need to take our victories where we can and continue to press ABC for programming we will watch. We all recognize that it’s a new day in soapdom and you are now more than a commentator – you are the VOICE that other soap fans listen to. It’s time we begin to use the presence of the OLTL characters and support them in a positive light. I would remind all the readers that there have been several soaps that have been spun off (most of which were on ABC) and if we are supportive and patient maybe we will see a OLTL 2.0 down the road – but that won’t happen if we do not see the tiny victories we have already been given. Let’s do our part and WATCH General Hospital – because it is a worthy means to an end:):):)

April 25, 2012 at 3:41 pm
(56) Trish Bradshaw says:

I am so glad they are taking the revolution off but what about the chew. C’mon abc bring back amc and oltl. I am starting finally to get used to GH.

April 27, 2012 at 9:36 am
(57) Sally in MI says:

I haven’t watched ABC since they took Life off. The Chew is stupid and Revolution looked worse. I now use my afternoons to do yard work, housework or read. I do miss the Llanview crew. Haven’t watched GH in years since they went ‘teen’ and cannot now as I teach music lessons at that time. So, ABC, you;ve lost many many viewers with these stupid moves. I hope you’re happy.

April 27, 2012 at 10:13 am
(58) kelly says:

sally that sounds like a good idea to do yard work,ect.but i still miss one life to live. i cant believe what a,b,c, have taken off a good show. i hate a.b.c,. the television today sucks.

April 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm
(59) kelly says:

i am pissed i looked up g.h. spoilers because i cant bother to watch the show it suck they are going to have john and sam together what about natlie and john? what the hell r.c. are you doing to the one life to live couples. this is crazy. why didnt they leave one life to lives ending thee hell alone. i have had it with daytime t v anymore bring back one life to live

April 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm
(60) Lisa says:

Kelly..are you serious?! RC is going to pair John with who…”Sam” ?!! OH NO, I was dreading that, that guy always ruins everythng he touches, I always thought he was a hack, that’s it, now I’m really not going to watch GH, I was so hoping to see John reunite with Nat and Liam, unbeleivable! I agree with you Kelly, they should have left OLTL’s happy finale the way it ended, instead of ruining our favorite characters!
Right now I watch B&B, but it’s just not the same as OLTL, but I can tell you one thing, atleast the head writer over there makes much more sense and writes well, unlike that twit RC, how they kept him for this long is just beyone me!!

April 28, 2012 at 10:09 am
(61) kelly says:

lisa i havent watched g.h, in two weeks i wanted to see itf tea came on yet. but i cant stand the show so i looked up the spoilers. i only watched g.h. for rtod blair and star our one life to live family. i am suprised that the ratings for g.h, didnt go down. that show is nothing likeit was in 80 i use to watch when blackie parish was on i loved john stamos as a teen . i wish our one life live was back on. not this mob soap. this doesnt make sence.i watch b and b here and there i use to watch back when carolyn and ridge were together. now karen is her twin. and did you ever watch it when sally spectra was on? she had passed away in real life . thats a shame. and i heard danny and cricket are coming back to y and r.

April 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(62) Lisa says:

Kelly…I only started to watch the B&B about a month ago, so i am not familiar with the history of this show.

I know Tea is supposed to go over to PC, but I;m not sure I wanna watch it, I wanted to see our OLTL’s couples continue together, instead RC is ruining them all, so what’s the use watching, he dissappoints us over and over again!

April 28, 2012 at 9:35 pm
(63) kelly says:

lisa i am done also with g.h. i want to remember our one life to live couples. as the ending agnes nixion gave us.i would love to see tea but.i cant stand gh. i hope our one life to live will come back . i really don’t watch the soaps anymore. i will if the bring our one life to live back.they the a.b.c. people dont realise what they did to day time.

June 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm
(64) Landview Lover says:

I also have been shut out of the abc site. They don’t want to hear from OLTL fans. They don’t care about loyal viewers that have watched their show for over 40 years. It’s good to hear you all still speaking out. PLEASE watch GH then turn off abc. Lets make them LAST in the rating am & pm.

June 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm
(65) Landview Lover says:

I also have been shut out of the abc site. They don’t want to hear from OLTL fans. They don’t care about loyal viewers of over 40 years. That’s why I will watch GH then turn OFF abc. Make then last in the ratings an & pm.

June 11, 2012 at 2:15 pm
(66) freida says:

used to come home from work relax with a cup of coffee and OLTL! after it with off the air , found myself flipping channels for a hour. Now I come home sit on the porch , or read…

July 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm
(67) Crystal says:

So ready for OLTL to return and I am happy about the revolution leaving it was soooooo corny

July 24, 2012 at 9:57 pm
(68) Gerardo Torres says:

I’m 18 but I started watching OLTL when I was 16. Honestly I cried when OLTL was cancelled. I only started to get familiar with Llanview. But I felt like if Llanview was my home and I barely started to make friends until they had to cancel it. I was devestated to see that GIgi comes back just for it to end. I mean the “Victor being alive” plot would have been a great way to add more suspense to everything. If they are going to be bringing in a few characters to Port Charles, why not make all of our favorite OLTL characters suddenly move to Llanview after an earthquake destroys La Boulai and Llanfair and they are forced to move to Port Charles for life as the damage was too much. That would make me happy. PLEASE ABC I KNOW YOU’RE READING THIS. BRING BACK LLANVIEW AND ALL THOSE THAT WE CARE ABOUT!!!!

July 30, 2012 at 6:55 pm
(69) unsarmarp says:

physical and mental and shows that you can just carry on
Something so does not leave anything this behind
how to curb an appetite

Shrug.

August 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm
(70) sharon says:

Put One Life to Live back on the air.

August 28, 2012 at 10:11 pm
(71) Lynn says:

Glad The Revolution is gone! Ty Pennington was the only bright spot. I agree that ABC needs to cancel The Chew! I watched OLTL and AMC since they started. Both were great, high-quality shows. Over the years, I tried to watch other soaps but they are absolutely bad with cheesy, silly dialog, and the actors just didn’t compare to OLTL and AMC ones.

I DO NOT WATCH ANYTHING ON ABC ANYMORE! ABC, PLEASE LISTEN! BRING BACK OLTL & AMC!

August 30, 2012 at 7:29 am
(72) Kim says:

Im not a soaps fan but do ppl realize sum of those actors r older than the show how long do u want the show to con’t on. Every new person they bring onto the show is young b/c ppl lives end just like the show. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the revolution the show was real, things that happen in everyday life. They talk bout things that someone/urself can relate to. SHAME SHAME SHAME on u disney/abc & did u really thought GAA will b a hit by repeating the same bs from GMA? Thx 4 the screw up

September 10, 2012 at 10:02 pm
(73) Christina says:

Bring back “ONE LIFE TO LIVE”

October 19, 2012 at 11:16 am
(74) Landview Lover says:

Now katie is already in going down the drain. How much money is abc willing to lose on failed shows? I thought money was the reason they ended a 40 year hit show

October 22, 2012 at 5:07 am
(75) kimberly says:

The funny thing is that I am shocked that the revolution lasted that long on TV.I do not even watch ABC anymore.Taking away One Life To Live and putting on All this other garbage felt like a kick in the stomach!I loved the show and I have been watching it since I was a teenager.ABC really let the fans down!BRING BACK OUR SHOW!

October 26, 2012 at 8:53 pm
(76) Ellerbee says:

I am with the campaign not to watch ABC but, I do watch The View sometimes. Do you (The Fans) belive that they will bring back the soaps. I will never watch AbC again. I even gave up Dancing with the stars and I lve Kelly Monarco
I am with the Fans of Soaps all the way