1. Entertainment

"The Revolution is the one that needs to go..."

By April 7, 2012

Updated Results in Network Daytime Talk from Marc Berman from TV Media Insights: (Updated for 04/07)

The View on ABC was the most-watched entry in daytime talk, of course, with 2.59 million viewers for the week of March 26, based on the Live Plus Same Day results.  And The Revolution on ABC remains the eyesore, with erosion from year-ago occupant One Life to Live this week of 1.25 million viewers (or 49 percent) and as much as 67 percent among women 18-34.  The Revolution tied its series-low in total viewers (1.32 million), with results in the three key female demos no higher than a 0.6 rating/4 share among women 25-54.  The Chew, meanwhile, narrowed the gap versus All My Children one-year earlier in total viewers (2.21 vs. 2.38 million), but the demo erosion is still in the double-digit percentages.

Since ABC is unlikely to cancel both hours, The Revolution is the one that needs to go, and soon.

Here are the results for The Chew versus All My Children and The Revolution versus One Life to Live

All My Children - Week of 3/28/11
Viewers: 2.38 million, Women 25-54: 1.1 rating/ 7 share, Women 18-49: 0.8/ 5, Women 18-34: 0.4/ 3

The Chew - Week of 3/26/12
Viewers: 2.21 million, Women 25-54: 0.9/ 6, Women 18-49: 0.6/ 4, Women 18-34: 0.3/ 2

Percent Change - The Chew vs. All My Children
Viewers: - 7, Women 25-54: -18, Women 18-49: -25, Women 18-34: -25

One Life to Live - Week of 3/28/11
Viewers: 2.57 million, Women 25-54: 1.2/ 7, Women 18-49: 1.0/ 6, Women 18-34: 0.6/ 4

The Revolution - Week of 3/26/12
Viewers: 1.32 million, Women 25-54: 0.6/ 4, Women 18-49: 0.4/ 3, Women 18-34: 0.2/ 2

Percent Change - The Revolution vs. One Life to Live
Viewers: -49, Women 25-54: -50, Women 18-49: -60, Women 18-34: -67

Comments

April 8, 2012 at 4:11 am
(1) Brenda says:

Makes me laugh out loud.

Bring back OLTL.

April 8, 2012 at 5:58 am
(2) Michelle says:

I agree, bring back One Life to Live. I’m sure all the fans of the show(including me) would gladly welcome it’s return and stop boycotting ABC.

April 8, 2012 at 9:59 am
(3) Terri W. says:

Agreed! Bring back OLTL! I’m sure that I’m not alone when I say that I will not watch ANYTHING that sits in the time slot where MY SHOW used to be. OLTL is the only show that belongs there. The characters are NOT working out on GH, so bring back OLTL!

April 8, 2012 at 10:29 am
(4) DIANE COHEN says:

I REALLY MISS ONE LIFE TO LIVE.
AFTER IT IS GONE. I ONLY WATCH GENERAL HOSPITAL.
I DONT WATCH CHANNEL 6 UNTIL 3:00PM TO SEE
GENERAL HOSPITAL. THE CHEW AND REVOLUTION
IS REALLY BORING, LOUSEY TO WATCH.
PUT BACK ONE LIFE TO LIVE. IM DEPRESS.
seneca405@aol.com.

April 8, 2012 at 12:35 pm
(5) Julie says:

I wish there was some hope for getting OLTL back in its spot. I want the actors to have jobs, but I can’t watch GH. It’s too sad for me. Has anyone heard that there is a chance to bring it back? It seems more likely that they will put Katie Couric in the 2:00 spot. I will never watch anything at that time either unless my show comes back. Also, I have never been counted in the ratings and neither have my friends who watch, so I think the real number of viewers is way more than 2.5 million.

April 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm
(6) Terri W. says:

@Julie: I read this morning on Facebook that there is still a drive going on to try and get NBC to give OLTL a shot at coming back. “Like” the NBC page on FB and maybe you’ll be able to see the comments. Jerry Ver Dorn (Clint) even posted on there. It’s unbelievable to me that all these networks can see the unrelenting fervor of OLTL’s fans—the HIGEST RATED soap out of all THREE ABC soaps—and simply do NOTHING about it. Totally unreal! The person who would turn around and save OLTL would become a freaking HERO to so many millions out there! What is wrong with these people??

April 8, 2012 at 3:12 pm
(7) Julie says:

Terry, you just cheered me up a lot! I would love it if NBC picked up OLTL and put it opposite The Revolution or The Chew and beat them big time! I’m so mad at ABC right now, I would rather someone else benefit from OLTL’s comeback. I’m not on FB but I’ll try googling news about it. I love that “Clint” posted about it. There’s hope. I noticed that the ratings were on fire the whole last year OLTL was on. It just kept getting better and better, and the finale left so many great possibilities. If you do hear more on FB, please share it here, and thanks again!!

April 8, 2012 at 4:24 pm
(8) kelly says:

yes please bring back our one life to live . i am very lost with out it. friday my daughter came home from school. g.h. was on my daughter asked why i dont watch one life to live anymore. i always had one life to live on. i told her they took it off. please a.b.c. iwant our one life to live back,

April 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm
(9) kelly says:

yes bring back one life to live. terry i hope n.b.c. does put our one life to live back.thanks for the info.

April 8, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(10) Terri W. says:

No problem, guys! Like I said, I only heard it just this morning myself, so I posted it here in case you all hadn’t heard either. We need to step it up—any suggestions as to what to try that hasn’t been done already? I can’t think of anything, other than writing or e-mailing the people in charge of daytime at NBC.

April 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm
(11) Terri W. says:

By the way—Happy Easter everybody! And just think, if NBC ipcked up OLTL and put it on opposite The Revulsion, that would be the last nail in Revulsion’s coffin! No doubt about it. I hate to say it, but I’m confident OLTL would beat even GH in the ratings if it was to return. And ratings equal MONEY. That’s all there is to it.

April 8, 2012 at 7:48 pm
(12) Julie says:

That’s even better that you just heard about it. I couldn’t find anything on Google yet, but I’ll keep checking. Maybe we should write to NBC daytime executives. If anyone has other specific suggestions or news, I would love to hear it. Never say never!

April 8, 2012 at 7:49 pm
(13) Julie says:

YES, HAPPY EASTER!

April 9, 2012 at 5:29 am
(14) yvette says:

We lost so much in 2011, it would be great if ABC would humble the network and place OLTL back on air. I am a huge GH fan, but OLTL will always be number 1. I keep waiting for Dorian Lord to show up and comfort Star.

April 9, 2012 at 10:15 am
(15) Diane says:

i was watching Good Morning America on friday morning, and katie couric made a comment about her show being on everyday at 3!!! if that’s so, are they also going to jerk General Hospital off the air?????

April 9, 2012 at 9:57 pm
(16) mary says:

yes bring back oltl i am lost without it

April 9, 2012 at 10:57 pm
(17) Lisa says:

I read a spoiler stating that Florenzia Lozano(Tea) is headed for Port Charles, she is supposed to start taping this week, but I don’t know, I’m not keen on this crossover very much, I’m hoping they bring OLTL back, for now I am enjoying B&B!

April 10, 2012 at 12:20 am
(18) Stan Haralson says:

Mark Lawson who plays Brodie on one life to live is my most favorite actor of all time. I can’t wait to see him star in a few movies. Purple Heart. Thanks for being my kin.

April 10, 2012 at 7:38 am
(19) kelly says:

hi terry w. i heard that they are taken off this nate someone on n.b.c. hopefully they will put our one life to live back. i miss it so much. i hope to see our one life to live family again.

April 10, 2012 at 9:54 am
(20) Terri W. says:

I also heard that Nate Berkus was canceled and there are rumblings that The Revulsion on ABC has been canceled, too, but no definite confirmation yet on that. Some people are thinking ABC may move GH to the Revulsion’s slot because Katie Couric will be in the present GH slot. NBC would make MAJOR waves if it decided to purchase the rights to OLTL and aired it either against GH or Katie C. I also heard about the Florencia Lozano crossover and I agree, I’m starting to tire of the crossovers. If they need OLTL actors to boost another show’s ratings, why not just put OLTL back on the air? Why not admit you screwed up by taking off your highest rated soap and then FIX it? It’s ridiculous!

April 10, 2012 at 1:49 pm
(21) Lisa says:

Terri…Are you kidding me?!!

ABC admitting to their mistakes?! No way will they do that…they are much too proud to admit they screwed up…BIG TIME!

As for the crossovers…I wish they wouldn’t do that…all they’re doing is ruining every character, I am content with the OLTL’s finale…at least it had a happy ending for most of the characters

April 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm
(22) kelly says:

lisa i agree with you one life to live ended good. the only sad thing is robert ford died sad for jessicia. g.h. is awful. they messed up blair and todd.poor cole and little hope. dam r.c. aND BRIAN FRONS.

April 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm
(23) Terri W. says:

@Lisa: I know! I know! Hit me with a wet noodle! LOL!! A girl can DREAM, can’t she? I can believe in my mind that someone in authority would step up to the plate, take responsibility and say, “Enough is enough! We messed up and we need to do something to put it right. Let’s figure out a way to get OLTL back on the air. What do we need to do?”. Maybe I’m just thinking about what I would do if I worked for ABC/Disney. Shoot! I’d be one of the most popular people in the world of television! :)

I’m still watching GH and I really sit up and pay attention if Anna is on screen. I like her with Luke and dare I say it, she even has an amazing chemistry with John McBain. If he couldn’t remain with Natalie, I would prefer to see him paired up with someone attractive, mature and capable and Anna Devane fits all three. She’s a strong woman, not a helpless girl. I’m enjoying the return of Heather Webber—Robin Mattson is such a brilliant actress. I also love the pairing of Alexis and Diane (intelligent, witty, funny—so of course you hardly see them) and it would be a great idea to continue with the perimenopause storyline they started with Alexis. She had what—one or two hot flashes—and that was IT??? It would help a lot of midlife women to do a story like that. But, other than that, I’m distracted through the rest of GH and even not very happy with Starr’s storyline. Not happy at all that they killed of Hope and Cole and not happy with what they’ve done to Blair and Todd.

April 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(24) Lisa says:

Terri…Tell me about it….They had no buisness messing with Blair and Todd of all couples, I hope RC comes to his senses and reunites them, and for good this time! I am missing Vickie, she was like everyone’s mom, I really enjoyed her excellent performance during the years, along with Dorian, and Clint. I hope OLTL comes back!

Kelly…I have to agree with you, I really don’t like GH even if John McBain is on, and other faves like Robin Mattson,(loved her on AMC), i get so bored when watching GH, I often get up and do something else, it just doesn’t cut it for me either!

April 11, 2012 at 10:52 am
(25) Terri W. says:

Lisa and Kelly: Also, is it just me or do you guys get a twinge in your gut every time you hear the town of “Llanview” mentioned on GH? OMG, John McBain said the name last week and it made me angry! LOL It keeps reminding me of how stupid ABC/Disney is and what they did to us. The GH thing is NOT making it up to longtime OLTL viewers. Like you said, Lisa, whatever they write on GH, it can’t replace Viki, Clint, Dorian, David, Bo, Nora, etc. and the long, complex history of our show. It just can’t. And I’m trying to give GH a fair shot with our characters being on it, but it isn’t working. Not for me anyway. Oh, and then, during GH, they show the Nexium commercial with Shawn from OLTL and I get all upset thinking about how I’d like to be watching a storyline about Destiny and Matthew raising Drew together!

April 11, 2012 at 11:19 am
(26) kelly says:

terry yes i do get sad when i hear landview pa. i miss one life to live so much, i saw the commerical with sawn. its like where is my soap. the other day last friday john mcbain was on my kristina just got home from school. i said who is that. she said mommy why dont you watch one life to live anymore i told her they took it off. my kids would watch it when i would have it on. g.h. i always liked anna robert. i watched yesterday. but it not one life to live. at 2pm it was like o.k. my show is on. now at that time the t.v. is off. i hope n.b.c. does bring one life to live back to life.

April 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(27) Lisa says:

it makes me angry as well hearing the word “Llanview” and not being able to watch it no… thanks to the morons who took it away from us! Terri..I also noticed Shawn in that Nexium commercial, and I thought the exact same thing you did..wanting a storyline involving destiny, Matthiew and little Drew, it would be so nice seeing that baby grow up!

April 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(28) Lisa says:

April 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm
(29) Lisa says:

It’s makes me angry inside too having to hear the word “Llanview” and not being able to watch it…no thanks to those morons on ABC for taking it away from us! Terri..I also thought the exact same thing as you when I spotted Shawn in that Nexium commercial. It would be great seeing a wonderful storyline involving Destiny, Matthiew, and little Drew. I’d love to see him grow up like we did Starr.

As for GH, I like Anna alot, and I think it would be awesome if they brought Vincent Irizarry (David) or as many fans refer to him (Dr.Delicious) into the picture and pair him up with Anna..after all they did have a child together (Leora) I see alot of potential with David and Anna!

April 11, 2012 at 1:29 pm
(30) Lisa says:

Opps…sorry guys…I hit the wrong key accidently before I finished typing my comment, and it gave me a repeat…lol

April 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm
(31) Lisa says:

Opps!! Sorry for the repeated comment guys, i accidently hit the wrong key, you know how your hands can be sometimes..lol

April 12, 2012 at 10:48 am
(32) kelly says:

lisa i aso miss destiny and the evans family. what the hell i miss our whole one life to live family. i hope someone bring back our soap.

April 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm
(33) juju says:

Katie Couric is coming on soon ABC and she’s still not very well liked. ABC is very worried about her lead-in. As we all know there is nothing to watch during the day anymore and Who on earth is going to turn on their TV to watch Couric??

ABC continues to make dumb moves. Whoever thinks the Soap genre is dead had better tell ABC primetime!

April 12, 2012 at 9:03 pm
(34) Micheline says:

I’m not interested in watching Couric’s show either, my television set will remain closed at that time, I am glad they decided to extend GH, that is the only show i will be watching on ABC.

April 28, 2012 at 12:53 pm
(35) Lodusky says:

I couldn’t believe OLTL was canceled. I’ve tried to switch to GH and have been watching it since OLTL was canceled. This show has some of the most ridiculous and “unmeaningful” characterizations I’ve ever seen. I like a few; i.e., Michael (and Star Manning, of course), Sonny and Kate, Maxie, Ewan, Elizabeth, and a few others. Most of the characters spend the few minutes of showtime (between commercials) crying or looking as if they are about to. In addition, the suspenseful moments are waaaaay overdone. How many times can Elizabeth start to open the door where the good doctor is lying on the floor after the (sort of interesting) character of Connie has konked him? This show has too many unnecessary and forgettable characters for me. I stubbornly continue to watch wondering each time if this will be the last episode I can stand but still hoping . . . to see if Michael and Starr get together AND if they learn who really shot the tires out of the car on one of the most unnecessary characters on the show — Anthony Z. I say get rid of Revolution and bring back OLTL, and get plot help for GH.

April 28, 2012 at 10:21 pm
(36) kelly says:

i also agree g.h. is awful.i think kate/connie shot the tires . it makes sence. bet she is not a good actress. not like bee when she was tess she was belive able. i dont watch the soap anymore.