1. Entertainment

"The Revolution Still Revolving Downward"

By March 16, 2012

Updated Results in Network Daytime Talk from Marc Berman from TV Media Insights: (Updated for 3/16)

"Veteran The View on ABC remains in a class of its own, with 3.60 million viewers for the week of March 5, based on the Live Plus Same Day results.† But all is not well on the alphabet network in daytime talk, with week eight of The Revolution dipping to a series-low 1.40 million viewers - 40 percent below year-ago occupant One Life to Live.† Erosion in the three key female demos from the beloved soap ranged from 44 to 50 percent.† The Chew, meanwhile, finished close to year-ago levels compared to All My Children, which is now the traditional pattern.† †The Chew is livable; The Revolution is a disaster."†

"Here is The Chew and The Revolution versus All My Children and One Life to Live:"

All My Children - Week of 3/07/11
Viewers: 2.32 million, Women 25-54: 1.0 rating/ 6 share, Women 18-49: 0.7/ 4, Women 18-34: 0.4/ 3

The Chew - Week of 3/05/12
Viewers: 2.23 million, Women 25-54: 0.9/ 6, Women 18-49: 0.7/ 4, Women 18-34: 0.5/ 3

Percent Change - The Chew vs. All My Children
Viewers: - 4, Women 25-54: -10, Women 18-49: no change, Women 18-34: +25

Comments

March 16, 2012 at 3:59 pm
(1) kelly says:

abc, you screwed up. none of us one life to live fans want to watch the replacement show.i will never watch the replacement.i cant belive that a,b.c. get a clue. what the hell. i hope the ratings go down more

March 16, 2012 at 4:36 pm
(2) Terri W. says:

Yep, the ratings for The Revulsion can continue spiraling down like a flushed toilet as far as I’m concerned. ABC should have had the smarts to admit their mistake and leave OLTL on the air where it was. I will never watch anything that replaced our soap. I still wonder how much ratings have jumped for Y&R and B&B since the ABC soaps were canceled. Anyone have any idea about that? I’d like to know whether or not Y&R and B&B beat out The Spew. I sure hope so!

March 17, 2012 at 12:12 pm
(3) rhonda says:

It delights me to read that ratings for The Revulsion continue to drop!! ABC, did you really think it was a good idea to take our soap from us??? You don’t care about the fans, and the feeling is mutual about the drivel that you’ve replaced our show with. I am sorry to hear that the Spew is holding its own, another program that I will never listen to.

March 18, 2012 at 2:09 am
(4) HipHopGrandma says:

What ABC was thinking I will never understand. They not only took my two favorite soaps off the air, they replaced them with pap that is unbelievably stupid. I’m at the point where I watch only Castle, Body of Proof (which I understand will probably get cancelled), and Once Upon a Time. Other than that, ABC never appears on my TV. If they won’t reward viewer loyalty, then why be a viewer in the first place.

March 18, 2012 at 5:54 am
(5) don collins says:

ABC messed up big time. The so-called replacements for our two favorite soaps are TERRIBLE! The abysmal ratings prove that most people agree. I’m disappointed with what I see on General Hospital but it is better than nothing. I am determined thagt I will never watch anything (even the morning news) on ABC again. I miss our shows!

March 18, 2012 at 7:33 am
(6) Jason D. Reese says:

It’s all about the commercial dollar. The Chew does not have the OLTL time slot. The Revolution is not getting the commercial dollar as OLT did.. You know the reason why they were called Soap Opera’s don’t you? But on the other side, the transition from OLTL to General Hospital worked. Todd, Blar Star, Mcbain fit in perfectly with the veteran of GH cast. (Look for a new GH opening with those three in it, probably for fall.) I hope ABC fires the daytime executives.They should have been let go at least 8 weeks ago, for their move to cancel the soaps. I say hire Katy Curic. GH is moving in the correct direction, it’s the executives at ABC and there boneheaded decision making i’m worried about.

March 18, 2012 at 7:44 am
(7) boxermomtx says:

I find it so interesting when looking at the demographics and how the age group stops so young. I would like to see what the ďolder generationĒ ranked. I think you will find even a higher dip in viewing. I realize that the advertisers continue to not care about my age group. When will they finally comprehend that not only do we contribute to the economy significantly, but help control what the younger ones are doing since many seniors are raising their grandchildren? I watch only a handful of shows on TV as not only has ABCís quality of programming tanked, but other networks as well.
As for bringing some of OLTLís cast off to GH Ö. While I appreciate getting to see a partial storyline of my favorite characters, I find the show very disjointed. I used to watch GH many years ago and see now why I drifted away. OLTL brought a core of families and storylines very familiar to real-life to its viewers. It had its share of bad-guys, but the writers didnít spray the canvas with the mob violence that GH has built their storylines around.
Roger Howarth was a genius at what he brought to the role of Todd. I find his character on GH very contained and I wonder if the directors are holding him back or if itís because the role is a temporary one, he doesnít care. Kassie is not up to snuff either. Could this be because her scenes were taped in a tight span and she wasnít getting into the role either because she was only there for the transition of Starrís character to GH. The salvation to all this is that there appears to be an early chemistry with Starr and Michael which could lead to a good storyline ( a Romeo/Juliet saga) but will it survive if Toddís presence is temporary?
continued…….

March 18, 2012 at 7:45 am
(8) boxermomtx says:

part 2….
As for the cast of GH, I find many of the actors and/or their characters boring. What I see is a casting director who loves young, blonde ingťnues. Being new to the current show, I canít tell them apart and need name tags to keep them straight. I loved what Erika and Bree brought to the mother/daughter multiple personalities, but this actress who is Sonnyís girlfriend lacks something with hers.
While I appreciate having a glimmer of hope to continue OLTLís rich history, I donít think itís working as a mesh to GH. The cultures of the shows are miles apart and although new characters have come to the show throughout its history, the GH fans (as well as a previous cast member) for the most part donít appreciate the intrusion of OLTL characters. Itís obvious to me that ABCís objective was to lure OLTL viewers to GH and re-strengthen their ratings. I donít know about other viewers, but so far I have the show on every day. My ďwatchingĒ the show is stopping what Iím doing at the same time and paying attention when OLTL characters are on and then drifting away or fast-forwarding during other portions.
Thanks Carly

March 18, 2012 at 9:20 am
(9) kelly says:

i am glad that everybody agrees with me one life live is the best. g.h. sucks. its not like the 80s.damn that brian fron for taking off our soap.

March 18, 2012 at 9:21 am
(10) OLTLwatcher in VT says:

ABC screwed up big time. Bring back OLTL. The Revolution is an unoriginal show with hosts that are totally un-endearing at best. I’m not a snob, but I wouldn’t want to spend any time with any of them, let alone invite them into my living room every day.

March 18, 2012 at 10:33 am
(11) Terri W. says:

And remember, the ultimate decision to cancel our soaps came down from the top brass at ABC/Disney. Brian Frons was only the fall guy. It wouldn’t have mattered WHO was in charge at ABC Daytime—the results would have been the same. The biggest mistake ABC Daytime has ever made was canceling OLTL. The BIGGEST. Period. ABC’s profit depends on the amount they can demand for advertising and this is directly impacted by the ratings of a show. I can’t imagine that ABC’s coffers aren’t suffering in some way due to their short-sighted decision making. At least, we can HOPE that they are. Who wants to spend good money to advertise on a show that no one is WATCHING?
And no, our OLTL people aren’t the same on GH as they were on OLTL, but the dynamics have changed, too. Since the 90s, GH has become a much darker, depressing show and OLTL was always laced with humor, even in its darkest moments. From the little I saw of GH in the month leading up to the OLTL actors’ debuts, Alexis and Diane were given wonderfully funny moments, but they seem so infrequent, it’s like someone suddenly turns on a spotlight and then shuts it off again. Not a way to keep me hooked. I’d LOVE to see Todd interact with Diane! OMG, what a freaking RIOT that would be (if written correctly, that is)! I could also see Diane either squaring off against or buddying up to Dorian. Whichever way they wanted to go with that, it would be amazing, I’m sure. But, they’ll need to do a lot MORE to keep me watching GH. When the OLTL actors aren’t on, I sometimes find my attention wandering. Btw, I heard that some GH actors were not thrilled with the OLTL people coming over to the show, so maybe that had something to do with the way they are now being written???

March 18, 2012 at 11:04 am
(12) irene says:

I don’t watch the new shows that ABC thought would bring in viewers, they totally screwed up taking AMC and OLTL off the air. They need to bring them back and pick up where they left off. Would like to see Viki and clint get married again, John and Nat finally tie the knot and somehow Jessica find a good man again, plus Starr would of never lost Cole and Hope. What ABC doesn’t realize that hey this is a new age people are recording the shows then watching them when they get home from work like me. I’m having OLTL withdrawals, loved the show and the characters.

March 18, 2012 at 11:34 am
(13) gail says:

the tv is not on in my home in the afternoon. I watched general a few times when starr came, but it’s not oltl. I might still watch now that john came to port charles. Glad the revolution is doing terrible, will never watch it.

March 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm
(14) Dorothy says:

I quit watching ABC daytime when OLTL went off the air. I have started watching GH, but I never liked the show and I’m afraid that Starr Manning alone is not enough if a reason to make me continue to watch. If ABC had at least a half a brain they would bring back OLTL’

March 18, 2012 at 12:57 pm
(15) toni says:

do you really think abc would be that smart to bring back oltl if they cant see what a huge mistake the revolution is i cant imagine what other show but oltl to replace it lets hope that someone will wake up and give us our soap back

March 18, 2012 at 1:18 pm
(16) cheryl says:

I hope One lIfe to Live and All My Children return. I don’t watch or enjoy the replacement programs.

How can I contact ABC to tell they made a BIG mistake?

March 18, 2012 at 1:43 pm
(17) Madonna says:

I still havent and never will watch ABC between 12:00 and 2:00PM…AMC and OLTL were my schuled times for my favorite programs…
I watched them along with GH from the day they first aired…
I seldom watch anything else on Ch.7 now either. The news is about it…ABC ya really hurt us….SHAME ON YOU! WE WERE LOYAL AND YOU BETRAYED US …SHAME ON YOU!!!

March 18, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(18) Myra says:

I really miss my afternoons with my “friends”. I never knew I would feel this way, having seen my mother get entirely engrossed in soaps. But, I am. ABC has lost a very good viewer. I even stopped watching The View, Not because of anything the View did but because I just am not watching ABC.

March 18, 2012 at 3:32 pm
(19) Sue says:

I swore when ABC took OLTL off the air, I wouldn’t watch its replacement. And I am not!!. Why would anyone interested in OLTL watch The Revolution!! We lost dear friends who let us into their lives daily and now miss them. ABC GET SMART AND BRING OLTL BACK!!!.

March 18, 2012 at 3:49 pm
(20) lori says:

i have watched oltl since high school. how stupid was abc to take it off the air when it had been on for 40+years. don’t that tell these idiots something? you don’t try to fix something that’s not broke. i do not watch ANYTHING on abc anymore. maybe i’m just being silly, but i really miss oltl!!!

March 18, 2012 at 9:19 pm
(21) kelly says:

i am with all of you i wish. i knew who to call. we need our soap back. opra turned both one life to live and a.mc. i miss my one life to live. i lost soap before santa barbra loving. but losing one life to live is like lossing someone you love.

March 18, 2012 at 9:41 pm
(22) kelly says:

oh my god. i just had a thought wouldnt be great if they took off gh and put our one life to live back, at that time spot. sounds good to me. i dont know if anyone else agree. but sounds wonderful to me.

March 18, 2012 at 11:27 pm
(23) DebN says:

ABC really messed up, cancelling “All My Children” and (my soap) “One Life To Live” was a BIG mistake. Just losing two members of my family was horrible, I really wished I could’ve watched “One Life To Live” – it would’ve eased things a bit. But, Brian Frons and the ABC “higher ups” had to use their greed instead of giving the fans what they want. The ‘fans’ -the people who watch the network pay their salary!!! If we don’t watch ABC – maybe they’ll take “The Chew” and “Revolution” off.

March 18, 2012 at 11:55 pm
(24) carole eshelman says:

I for one really believe ABC made a hugh mistake by taking OLTL off the air. I do not, and, will not ever watch the new replacement shows. There are so many food and talk shows on TV anymore, don’t have the time or the interest to watch any of them. Actually, all these channels seem to just have junk on them anyway. Would rather watch discovery or the history channel. I have gone to CBS and now watch B&B, only 30 min but it is fun and alot better then what ABC has to offer.

March 19, 2012 at 9:45 am
(25) Terri W. says:

Oh, gee, I see this morning that Oprah Winfrey has canceled yet another of her POORLY rated shows on her (not-so-new-anymore) network. (Buh-bye, Rosie—innocent sharks everywhere are enjoying your failure.) Guess Oprah’s “vision” of what works on TV isn’t what it used to be. So MANY people still want the soaps that she claimed were a “dying genre” and not worth saving, so excuse me if I don’t shed any tears when her network goes down the tubes. She could have had a PROVEN hit with longtime, loyal viewers if she’d saved at least OLTL, which had higher ratings, but Oprah’s now a pompous billionaire who thinks she knows so much more than we do. OLTL deserves to be resurrected, but someone needs to step up soon, before it’s too late.

March 19, 2012 at 10:45 am
(26) kelly says:

terryw. you are right. about oprah. she should havesaved our show. i dont watch her. i would if she took on one life and a.m.c, i cant stand rosie .she says to much. but oprah. she does have alot of money she could havwe suppopted our soaps. which put her on t.v. before she had a name.i hope someone does pickup our s oap g.h. is awful i dont watch and other soaps.so i guess if no one picks up i will be retired from soaps.i cant get into b and b . oi watched it was good to see skylar joplin made me miss one life to live threy should have keept him roxy could have her others son . i wish s0memone wold pick up our soap

pick up

March 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm
(27) Andrea says:

The Revolution will be axed. General Hospital could move into its timeslot. The Chew should be replaced by One Life to Live. It would be getting higher ratings, which would also help GH as well.

March 19, 2012 at 12:22 pm
(28) Julie says:

I tried to watch GH for Starr, Todd & Blair but it is so out of context and forced. I’m happy for the actors having jobs, but I would rather have left it with the finale rather than knowing Hope and Cole were killed and seeing Todd deal with the mob and generic people I don’t care about. They all look alike to me. Without the rest of the actors and storylines, it doesn’t seem right. I miss the others so much. I have watched OLTL since high school and losing it has made me feel sadder than I expected, even though I knew I would be miserable. I don’t watch much television there is nothing to take a break with now. The replacement so is ridiculous and offensive. I only watched about a minute to figure that out. My TV stays off during the afternoon. Please bring back OLTL.

March 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm
(29) Donna says:

ABC please bring back AMC and OLTL. Admit it…that was a big mistake!!!

March 19, 2012 at 1:08 pm
(30) Veronica says:

What was ABC thinking? Why take a show off the air that has worked for 40+ years and replace it with the crap they did!
ABC, it is time to make your daytime fans happy again and bring back our shows.

March 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm
(31) Laura Lance says:

Last year, when the AMC & OLTL cancellations were announced, I wrote letters of protest and vowed to boycott ABC if the soaps were cancelled. I’m here to tell you that I’m a woman of my word — ABC is banned in our household. We will never again tune into ABC — a network that trashed two successful, quality programs, plus a half-century’s worth of loyal viewers and chose, instead, to roll the dice and hop on the reality-TV bandwagon and see if — instead of making a decent profit — they could make an obscene profit off of cheaply produced, dime-a-dozen reality TV.

Nowadays, I watch Y&R and B&B on CBS. These shows don’t begin to hold a candle to AMC and OLTL, but I enjoy serial dramas in the afternoon and CBS offered me a soft enough landing after ABC gave me (a veteran of soaps for 35+ years) and millions of other faithful viewers the boot.

March 20, 2012 at 11:28 am
(32) kelly says:

i only saw the ending of g. h. its was stupid crazy kate. i never liked kate even when megan ward played her. she was always a snob this multiple personality sucks. not good at all nick smith and tess were believeable.ythis so is melonycoly and mob. i t is not our one life to live.

March 21, 2012 at 10:56 am
(33) Kathy says:

You don’t count people over 54. Don’t you trust people who are over 55 to pick what they like to watch on tv. I’m a 64 year old woman who quit watching ABC after you dropped two of my favorite soaps. I only watch General Hospital now and nothing else on ABC.

Kathy

March 21, 2012 at 11:15 am
(34) Terri W. says:

@Kathy: My biggest pet peeve, Kathy! It’s like TPTB think people drop off the face of the earth when they turn 55. So BEHIND THE TIMES!!! ABC/Disney and all the others should use what money they DO have to buy a CLUE! Not only is it not 1970 anymore, it isn’t even 1990 anymore! New generation of older people, doing it a whole new way. It isn’t US, it’s THEM. We just happen to suffer as a result, since they don’t count our viewership and patronage of advertisers on these shows. I do believe however that CBS caught on a while back, which is probably why it’s always coming in as the number ONE network.

March 21, 2012 at 11:39 am
(35) kelly says:

as a teen i use to watch soaps. i remember getting ready to go to work watching one life to live. i loved tina and cord back in the day thans as i grew up when i would stay home with kids. i am 41 and had my son last may. i watched one life to live even named him liam. i dont get why they took off this soap. what the hell . alot of people are laid off. and how about people who have health problems. a.b.c. never cared. i think disney is a money maker. money is the root of it, the chew i saw an advertisment. i cant stand dr oz s daughter . i love dr oz though. and i am not a doctor person.i wish they would bring back one life to live even the we chanel picked up john edward . i dont know. i cant stand g.h. so i am retiring from soaps.

March 21, 2012 at 3:38 pm
(36) Jeri says:

THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THE REPLACEMENTS FOR”ALL MY CHILDREN”.AND “ONE LIFE TO LIVE”.

March 21, 2012 at 11:29 pm
(37) mary says:

(laughing) boy , the people from screw this one big tie what goes around comes around. ha!! you are sad what up and smell defeat abc . bring back our soaps ,and maybe we can I mean you have a better year. yeah

March 22, 2012 at 9:53 am
(38) Terri W. says:

And unless someone has heard new information I haven’t, tomorrow will be the last day to enjoy the channel SoapNet, as well. It ceases operation March 23rd. So, from that point on, if you can’t watch GH or the other soaps (I watched Y&R after GH last night) when they actually air, you’ll have to DVR them or watch them online. This entire thing really STINKS!!!

March 22, 2012 at 10:38 am
(39) kelly says:

terry w. i aree with you. last year when i had liam i use to get up during feedings and watch allmy children one life to live i watched on chanel 6. but i use to watch one tree hill on saturdays. and saving erica that does suck they dont care about us fans. i did watch young and the restless way to go laureni am glad that she has a gun daisy is nuts like sheila. but its not our one life to live.

March 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm
(40) Terri W. says:

I always enjoy Genie Francis, so I was happy to see her on last night. Of course, as far as I’m concerened, she will always belong on GH. I also like Phyllis, Jack and Nikki. I never watched Y&R before, so I’m still figuring out a few things.
I guess it is official that little Hope was killed off on GH, since they had her interred next to Cole in the mausoleum. It just isn’t the same though. Starr was back in Llanview for the funeral and we saw NONE of it. No Blair, no Todd, and none of the people who were related to or loved Starr and who would have definitely been there to pay their respects. The way they’re writing all this with our actors isn’t going to make me stick around I’m afraid. I was invested in more than just these several actors. I miss Viki, Clint, Bo, Nora, David and Dorian, Nat and Jess, etc. Let’s face it, I miss OLTL itself and won’t be happy unless someone picks up the rights and decides to fially put it back on the air, where it belongs.

March 22, 2012 at 10:45 pm
(41) Sabrina says:

Kelly, I agree with you about Dr Oz’s daughter Dafnee, I can’t stand her either, she totally wreaks, the only reason she’s on that show is because of “Daddy”!

March 22, 2012 at 10:57 pm
(42) Lisa says:

Oh Terri, I know! I miss our Vicki, along with Clint, Bo and Nora! You know, I’m really dissaponted how they wrote our OLTL people, first and foremost, I hate how Blair was written turning her back on Todd(RH) of all people, killing off Hope and Cole, and John investing with sonny and everyone else instead of bringing Natalie and Liam to PC, nor does he even talk about them. I was right on the money about RC and the other writers, they have ruined every character, especailly Todd/Blair, I really don’t see them with anyone else, they belong together, and yes, should this continue, I will not have any interest in watching GH even if RH is on, heck, RC and ruined his character too!

March 23, 2012 at 8:31 am
(43) Terri W. says:

Lisa, they finally had John McBain mention Nat and Liam the other day. When he was talking to “Sam” in the church, he mentioned how a lie doesn’t have to mean the end for a relationship and told her about Natalie and showed her a picture of his son, Liam. No mention of them coming to town or anything, but Michael Easton had spoken at a fan event about “May Sweeps” being special, so I’m hoping they bring on Melissa Archer and whoever will be playing Liam. Let’s see if Liam has suddenly developed SORAS and is now in first grade or whatever. LOL

March 23, 2012 at 8:57 am
(44) kelly says:

terryw. i was thinking the same thing about hopes and coles funeral. the writters act like cole and hope didnt exist. what the hell. g.h. is awful. i wish the a.b.c. excs. would bring our soap back. i miss it alot. i am glad other people feel the same way.

March 23, 2012 at 10:16 am
(45) Terri W. says:

Kelly, I don’t understand what is with some of these networks and their executives. Do they not SEE the comments and know how many viewers would be interested in the return of OLTL?? Catherine Hickland said we are “being heard”, but apparently, that’s about the extent of it. Being heard but nothing being done about it. Please don’t let it be like Dallas, where it took them 20 years of realizing former fans still loved and missed the show before TNT finally brought it back to television. I’m really looking forward to Dallas debuting this summer, since I was/am a fan of the original. I’m hoping by that time, new information will also be out regarding a TV network finally stepping up to the plate to bring OLTL back.

March 23, 2012 at 11:59 am
(46) kelly says:

terry w. you would think that if some exc read our posts. that they would want high ratings,and dallas i use to watch ever friday. remember who sot jr? i also rember sussan lucci wason. i think she was hilliary. i use to also watch knots landing thursdays. o.m.g. those were the days.i am starting to watch y and r. i use to watch that off and on.i heard victoria rowell will come back. her and phylis got into a fight and she fell off a cliff. shell probley comeback with amnieisha. this still isnt one life to live i cant believe g.h. teir isnt a good part yet. i like carley and johnny. but that doesnt keep me as a fan.they should cancle g.h. and put our one lifeto live back in its spot. or put it on early like guiding ligt. that was put on a 10 spot. they took that off to. i dont know.

March 23, 2012 at 1:48 pm
(47) Rick says:

I am a male and I loved watching “One Life to Live” because I am at home until 3:00 PM when I have to go to work. I thought the acting and the production was first rate with characters I cared about. They left so many story lines open and left everyone wanting more. I know that ratings don’t take males into consideration in daytime, but some of us who work the second shift are home until 3:00. I heard that 4 characters were going to GH but I am not at home to see that. My TV is off at 2:00 now because the only good program on at that time was “One Life to Live” and I think ABC made a big blunder by taking it off for some low rate talk show.

March 23, 2012 at 3:55 pm
(48) Micheline says:

Kelly…it is terribly frustrating trying to read you!!!

March 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm
(49) kelly says:

micheline sorry. i .did mess up words. i was writting and then my washer went off. i had to get the clothes. i forgot to check my writting. i write fast . i was taking about who shot j.r. on dallas. and that susan lucci was on there.and that g.h. isnt our one life to live. i didnt mean to confuse anyone. sorry.

March 24, 2012 at 9:01 am
(50) kelly says:

terry w. i put soapnet on this morning it was on maybe they got tired of people complaing. i wounder if we can do this for our one life to live. i miss our freinds so bad, i wound if kathrine would know who to ask for help. i dont. i dont give up what i believe in , i want our story back. and so do all us one life to live fans.

March 25, 2012 at 8:23 am
(51) kelly says:

we arent talking about who can write we are talking about saving our soap. i dont look sometimes when i write,but the point is one life to live right.if i belive in something i dont give up. i dont know how to save the show but hope excs read that we want it back.

March 25, 2012 at 9:39 am
(52) Terri W. says:

I also kept checking on SoapNet to see if it was going to go to black or just automatically change over to Disney crap, but as of this morning, it’s still showing soaps. GH is on later and they’re still running the old eps of OLTL in early a.m. Wow, how come the only time ABC/Disney could tell the truth was when they stated—-after MONTHS of lying—that our FAVORITE show was ending? And they certainly stuck to the ending date for THAT. No last minute reprieves, no second thoughts about how STUPID they were to cancel it in the first place. I am of the impression that the execs at ABC/Disney really don’t know WHAT they are doing! (Other than royally screwing up their daytime programming. Guess they must want last place in the demographics so bad they can taste it! “CHEW” on THAT, you idiots!!!)

March 26, 2012 at 4:04 pm
(53) kelly says:

did anyone see g. h. today? was that robin at the end of the show?

March 26, 2012 at 9:01 pm
(54) NANCY says:

Yes that was Robin at the end of the show. I agree with alot everyone said above me. I miss AMC and OLTL so much also. The Chew belongs on the food network and the Revolution (no comment) ABC had their heads u know where and had no thought about what they were doing. I do watch GH now so I could see Blair, Todd, Starr and John. What a-holes for what they did. I hope they are losing money and do realize what a BIG mistake they made. Yes those big excutives are IDIOTS.

March 27, 2012 at 8:16 am
(55) kelly says:

NANCY THANKS FOR TELLING ME. I THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS. THIS PROBLEY IS TO GET PEOPLE TO FORGET ABOUT ONE LIFE TO LIVE. WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN. I WATCH OLD ONE LIFE TO LIVE 6 IN THE MORNING. I TOTALY MISS ONE LIFE TO LIVE. I HOPE THEY CAN PUT IT BACK ON. I WATCHED AM.C. WHEN THEY TOOK IT OFF. I DONT SEE WHY THEY TOOK OFF THOSE SOAPS. I HATE BRIAN FRONZ AND THE EXC.I ONLY WATCH FOR THE ONE LIFE TO LIVE PEOPLE.KATE IS A SNOB. NOW SHES CONNIE OH PLEASE. NICKY SMITH AND TESS. WERE MORE BELIVE ABLE. I CANT STAND SAM. OUR ONE LIFE TO LIVE PEOPLE MAKE THE SHOW. CARLY I LIKE. SHE USE TO BE ALLY ON LOVING BACK IN THE DAY. BUT THEIR IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR ONELIFE TO LIVE.

March 27, 2012 at 11:08 am
(56) Terri W. says:

I missed GH yesterday! My local news interrupted the show because of the Pope in Cuba. :/ Figures, that’s when they’d show Robin at the end. I had a feeling she wasn’t really killed in that blast. The remains were “burnt beyond recognition” and we all know what that means in the soap world. Normally, I would have caught the rerun on SoapNet but we went out last night. Grrrr….hope they show it at the beginning of today’s ep.
Where are Todd and Blair??? And Kelly, I remember Laura Wright from the Loving days, too. But, “Carly” hasn’t learned a thing about staying out of everyone else’s business. No matter how many times it’s backfired on her, she never learns.

March 27, 2012 at 11:57 am
(57) kelly says:

TERRY W, I KNOW CARLY IS CARLY. I LIKE HER BETTER THAN THE OTHER CARLYS THAT THEY HAVE HAD IN THE PAST. LAURA WRIGHT. WAS ALSO CASSIE LANE ON GUIDING LIGHT. THEY ALSO TOOK THAT OFF. KIM ZIMMER ECO WAS REVA SHANE. I USE TO WATCH BOTH SOAPS. WHAT THE HELL. THOSE WERE THE DAYS. TERRY I HOPE WE CAN GET ONE LIFE TO LIVE BACK. I DONT KNOW. I WISH THAT ONE OF THE PEOPLE FROM A.B.C. WOULD SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THEIR CHANEL. IF THEY WANT THE RATINGS TO GO BACK UP. COME ON A.B.C. WAKE UP.

March 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm
(58) Terri W. says:

Hi Kelly! Yeah, I wish ABC/Disney (let’s not forget Disney, who OWNS ABC) would “get off the pot” and do something to correct the horrible situation, but I’m getting the feeling that it just isn’t likely to happen. With another network, maybe, but not with ABC/Disney. For one thing, ABC would have to eat a lot of humble pie—admitting they were the ones who screwed up in a spectacular way.

I’ve alwsys read the soap magazines, so I know Laura Wright was on GL. I never watched any soaps other than the ones on ABC though. And Kim Zimmer is pretty famous for playing Reva. I read a lot of articles about her in the magazines. But, I’ve been a fan of Kim’s for a long time, since she appeareed in one of my all-time favorite movies, Body Heat, from 1981. Those were the days, like you said, Kelly. Soaps RULED back then. They could call the shots and the networks would jump to make them happy. What a difference, right?

March 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm
(59) Terri W. says:

Okay, I got to see Robin today! :) For some reason, people wielding hypodermic needles always freak me out WAY more than people holding guns or knives. Ugh……

We had John McBain today, but only a mention of an off screen Blair. Are her scenes done already? That quickly? And for God’s sake, show Todd being held in a jail cell or something! I do love though how John flits like a bee among the flowers, going person to person and annoying the hell out of each and every one! Haha!! You GO, John!

March 27, 2012 at 4:59 pm
(60) kelly says:

terry w, om.g. it is robin i wounder who has. her heather or is franco really dead this story. i cant stan some of the stories. yesterday john was talking to natlie. i wounder if her and liam will be joining. wouldnt it be nice for the buchanins to be on also. i miss vicky clink jess i wish the would have let robert ford live. him and jess were cute just like natlie and john. todd and blair.star and brandon buddy. i loved that cole.this is making me miss our soap. i watch old ones. if i am up

March 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm
(61) kelly says:

terry w. did you see gh. today? at first its sad with starr upset over her family. but then sonny and jason have a picture of natlie. it looks like they are bring natlie on. this soap is trying to get us hooked with our one life to live family. i will never forget one life to live . lossing this soap is a big loss.

March 28, 2012 at 6:36 pm
(62) Lisa says:

Terri..ha,ha..yeah, I find it so funny also just how much our lieutenant John Mcbain does annoy everyone with his persistant questions! LOL

I was so relieved to see that Robin is NOT dead, she would of been a huge loss, I was heartbroken to see her loved ones greiving at her supposed funeral, especially her hubby Patrick, and her ever so sweet daughter Emma! I wonder who’s keeping her hostage like that, I’m guessing it’s Heather Webber ( Robin Mattison ) is back this week.

March 29, 2012 at 10:06 am
(63) Terri W. says:

@Kelly: Yes, I saw yesterday’s GH and I have one thing to warn Ron Carlivati about. Apparently, they are going to bring Natalie and Liam on to GH. If they do that, only to pull what they did with Cole and Hope, I will NEVER watch GH again! Hear that, RC??? Do NOT kill Natalie and Liam, in order to leave John free to hook up with “Sam”, like his Caleb vampire character did on Port Charles! And if they aren’t going to keep Kassie DePaiva, or if she’s the one who doesn’t want to make the move to California, then Melissa Archer’s Natalie is PERFECT to go head to head with Carly. Neither one has ever known how to keep their mouths shut or stay out of other peoples’ business! Oooh, stiff competition there! ;D

@Lisa: I know, I DO love Robin and was SO happy to see her still be alive. I know they’ve been announcing the return of Heather Webber (OMG, I feel like I’m back in the late 70s-early 80s again, except back then AMC and OLTL were still on, too—grrrrrrr), but I can’t figure out why she would want to kidnap Robin, of all people. And yes, Patrick and Anna, too, have been breaking my heart in their grief. They underplay it so beautifully, which is even more gut wrenching to watch than hysterics. Some of the actors on GH are impossible to tolerate. I pick up a magazine when they come on. LOL!

March 29, 2012 at 10:32 am
(64) kelly says:

hey terry w. do you think crazy lisa niles is alive and has robin? i hope they dont kill off natlie and liam. i cant stand sam either.. she is controlling jason. thanks for telling on ron c. maybe he will get the message and save our one life to live. i miss destiny shaw the buchanins. roxy. hell our whole one life to live family.

March 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm
(65) Terri W. says:

Kelly, I didn’t even think of Lisa Niles, mainly because I didn’t see any of that storyline at all. I wasn’t watching GH at that point, only OLTL. From what I’ve seen written about that whole story though, most GH fans would NOT be happy to see any sort of return for that character. They pretty much hated the whole thing, from the way it looks.

It’s funny you mentioned Roxy from OLTL. My husband was watching Law and Order a few days ago and called me in from the den. He pointed to the TV and said, “Hey! Isn’t this—what’s her name—the whacko from One Life To Live?” Ilene Kristen was on there! I was so HAPPY to see her face! “Roxy!!!” and he said, “Yeah! That’s the one!” LOL! I miss the entire OLTL cast! I’d even take Stacy Morasco back on the show again—how is THAT for desperation? :) (Although, in all fairness, Crystal Hunt ROCKED her scenes with Jerry Ver Dorn in “Hell” in the last eps! I loved it!

March 29, 2012 at 3:37 pm
(66) Lisa says:

Terri…I have to agree with what your hubby said about Roxy being a wacko, she was one character i just couldn’t muster! She never acted her age and was unbelievable as a mother, that’s my opinion anyway!

As for RC, I have alot of doubts he’ll save anything, all he does is ruin characters, lately he even ruined RH’s character, imagine that?! Look what he did to Todd and Blair?!! GRRRR!! The thought of bringing Natalie and Liam would certainly delight me, but not if RC is going to screw it up like he did Cole and Hope! “Way to go RC”!!! One thing is for sure, I don’t want John to be paired up with Sam, I never liked her! I want John, Natalie and Liam to finally be a family again!

March 30, 2012 at 8:38 am
(67) kelly says:

terry w. that must of been a hoot to see roxy. on a another show. was she as crazy as on one life to live? lisa is right when roxy first appeared she was a drunk and mean. the tommy mcbain /sam manning chilled her. i did hate her when she was mean.g.h. is stupid.i just wish they would take that off and put on our one life to live. i dont know how much longer i can stand to watch g.h..it sucks. did you read kaydees post? she keeps our one life to live alive.

March 30, 2012 at 9:12 am
(68) Terri W. says:

Lisa: I know! I’d sometimes cringe when I’d see how Roxy was dressed half the time. And when she’d be hitting on the younger guys? It was funny, but there are actually women like that out there and in real life, it’s even MORE skeevy. The only reason I did buy her as a mother is because, like the older women who hit on the young men, there are also women like Roxy who are mothers and not very good ones at that. They’re the trashy types who try to act like “cool parents” instead of REAL parents and treat their kids as if they’re peers.
And I’m not happy at all about what RC did to Cole and Hope. I read in one of the soap books how this was done to integrate Starr into the GH teen scene. That they wouldn’t have been able to do that if she had come with a ready-made family. But, what does that mean? That they are happy destroying characters from OLTL and angering that show’s loyal fan base? I thought the whole reason to bring those people to GH was to increase viewers for that show,, but insulting the OLTL fans will have the opposite effect!

March 30, 2012 at 9:49 am
(69) Terri W. says:

Kelly, I wasn’t watching too much of Law and Order that day, but from what I saw, she appeared to be playing someone a bit more sophisticated than Roxy, She looked amazing with her hair in a French twist. She was talking to one of the main female L&O characters at an outdoor cafe table.
I’ve been having trouble sticking with GH, too. I do love Anna and Robin and I have to say that RC is making me like Luke a little more again. I used to LOVE Luke, but the past few regimes at GH totally decimated his character and turned him into nothing more than a bitter, old man. And unlikeable, too. Never thought I would have come to feel that way about Luke Spencer. But, RC seems to be slowly reintroducing the sly, quick-witted, FUN Luke and I’m intrigued by the potential pairing of him with Anna Devane. Finola Hughes is simply one of my favorite people EVER (we’re both Scorpios with birthdays one day apart—no bias though–haha!), so it’s good to see her back on GH. But, everyone else—meh. I can take it or leave it and as it’s playing out now, I’m mostly inclined to leave it, as I did before. I haven’t been reading Kaydee’s columns simply because I haven’t had the time. I do also work online, so I take breaks to hit FB and this page here to chat with you and Lisa and that’s about it. :)

March 30, 2012 at 12:29 pm
(70) Lisa says:

Terri….your guess is as good as mine!

Logic doesn’t seem to exist in people’s minds anymore, they keep doing one crocked thing after another, I don’t understand it! I thought I’d enjoy GH with the OLTL characters, but I don’t, we don’t even get to see Todd and Blair anymore, and I especailly hate how they wrote Blair turning her back on Todd, I love them together, what happened to our OLTL’s supercouple!

March 30, 2012 at 12:36 pm
(71) Lisa says:

Also…I’d like to thank you Terri for the kind words…I enjoy talking to you also, it’s always been a pleasure, I noticed we have alot in comon…oh yeah…we’re both scorpios…;)

March 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm
(72) kelly says:

terry w, hi i total agree with you and lisa about g.h. liam isgoing on11 month he doesnt want to sleep as much he usally goes in at 2:30 now.and i see like the end of g.h. but it sucks. this time it was no big deal with rick springfeild back. we probley would do better reading the spoilers. then waisting an hour on g.h.i i also enjoy talking to you. its funny i always talk to people through kids. and animals. but now me you and lisa and everyone else have this soap in common. i dont know if we can save or soap but. its nice to talk to nice people on here.

March 31, 2012 at 11:02 am
(73) Terri W. says:

Lisa, you are so RIGHT. Blair and Todd belong TOGETHER! YES!!! Weren’t OLTL fans telling RC and FV this enough when OUR show was still on? And now, Todd is supposedly staying, even rhough we haven’t seen him for weeks, and Blair is gone. It’s great seeing John McBain, but I’m SO nervous about what they are going to do if they bring Natalie and Liam into the picture. I just will NOT accept them doing something horrible to yet ANOTHER baby and to Nat and I do NOT want John to get with Sam. If they botch this up, I guess I’ll just have one MORE free hour in my day. Maybe I’ll be able to fit in Kaydee’s column. LOL!
And Kelly, I thought you might be interested to know that I read Soap Opera Digest last night and they mentiioned that for now anyway, Soap Net is staying where it is. Supposedly, the executives are still working out the details of the Disney Junior channel. Not sure for how long, but you’ll still be able to catch the old OLTL eps for a while.

March 31, 2012 at 1:05 pm
(74) Lisa says:

Terri…I’m also afraid of what might happen to Natalie and Liam if they are to come to PC, if they do the same thing to them as they did to Cole and Hope, I will definately stop watching, especially if they write John with Sam! I was so dissappointed when they wrote Blair with Tomas and her turning her back on Todd! That is certainly NOT what we wanted! Looks like RC doesn’t really care what we want, and it’s funny, cause this is the same person who clearly stated in an interview that he was 100% with the fans, and what they wanted to see, hmmmm, yeah, right! Sounds like Oprah, who says one thing, but does another, I have no use for people like that, my point here is, to me, words are “nothing” unless action is taken! Plain and simple.

March 31, 2012 at 1:58 pm
(75) kelly says:

terry w, thanks for telling me about soapnet. i started to watch y and r .hear and there and the bold..i still wish a.b.c. would take off g, h.and put one life to live back on. i cant stand sam she is whiny. and a pain. im sick of the g.h. story line. i looked up spoilers. it is stupid and why bring back hether. this show is dumb. well i gotta go ill talk with you later.

March 31, 2012 at 5:23 pm
(76) Terri W. says:

Okay, who wants to nominate Lisa for President? She has MY vote! LOL!

March 31, 2012 at 9:35 pm
(77) Lisa says:

Terri…You’re funny…I wish I were…LOL

I would fix alot of crocked things that are curently going on…believe me, I would also get some ‘New’ writers…lol

April 1, 2012 at 10:04 am
(78) kelly says:

hey terry w. do you think maybe hope and cole survived the crash? wa never saw the bodies. i was thinking. hopefully for us one life to live fans. they survived. like robin. who knows on daytime. everone had a feeling that victor was alive. i so miss our soap.

April 1, 2012 at 11:01 am
(79) Terri W. says:

Kelly, you can add me to the list of people who always felt Victor was alive. It’s possible that Hope and Cole could be alive, but not sure they would do that with our OLTL characters on GH. Those characters never had a history on GH the way Robin did. If—through some miracle at this point—someone finally grew the brain cells to put OLTL back on the air where it BELONGS, then maybe they would “resurrect” Cole and Hope. I’m growing weary of GH already. I’m not sure what I thought it would actually be like having our OLTL actors on that show, but I’m disappointed at the way it has turned out so far. It hasn’t placated me or made me stop longing for OLTL to return to the air. If anything, it’s only served to make that feeling stronger. It reminds me of what I am MISSING, which is the ABC/DIsney soap that was the HIGHEST RATED of all three. OLTL!!

April 1, 2012 at 4:17 pm
(80) kelly says:

terry w. i cant stand g.h. either.i hope they bring our soap back. i also feel lost. i say oh well you could be out early with the kids in the summer. but you know i would want to see it. on soapnet. if i had the money i would buy our soap back. dont tell my husband that ha ha. we bought a valtswagon routan. there is alot wrong with it it vibrates . we went to lemomd law. forget it, we lost. my husband is upset over it. we need a minivan we have 4 kids. so if i tell him iwould buy a soap he would spaz.. oh well i miss our soap,i hope someone will pick it up

April 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm
(81) Sabrina says:

LOLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!

April 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm
(82) kelly says:

sabrina dont you want to help save one life to live? you always have have alot to say. so help us save our soap.

April 3, 2012 at 6:37 am
(83) kelly says:

terry w. they did it they took off soap net. money grubbing disney. i was going to put on one life to live . then im like what the hell is that. oh well what next. i started watch y and r.. but not as faithful as one life to live.

April 4, 2012 at 11:01 am
(84) Terri W. says:

I don’t know how you received Soap Net, Kelly, but I have Dish Network (satellite) and Soap Net is still on. I checked just now to make sure. I also watched it a few mornings ago while eating breakfast because I had to work the afternoon before and couldn’t catch GH at that time. They re-air GH at 8:00 am EDT.

April 4, 2012 at 11:23 am
(85) kelly says:

terry w. we have comcast digital t.v. that weird. on my t. v. its 120 it says kola brothers. it doesnt matter because i faithfully watched one life to live.i saw part of gh. franco and jason are twins. i figured that.i remember heather and scottie getting in trouble. they were a pair of cons.