1. Entertainment

"OLTL needs to be brought back to bail ABC out of the Revolution"

By February 4, 2012

Here is the latest news and rating on ABC's replacement show for One Life to Live:

The Revolution Loses Steam in Week Two
"The news is not positive for new ABC daytime talker The Revolution.  Based on the Live Plus Same Day ratings for the week of January 23, week two of The Revolution averaged 1.53 million viewers, which was off by nine percent from its already abysmal opening week (1.68 million for Jan. 23-27).

Compared to year-ago occupant One Life to Live, The Revolution dropped by 39 percent in total viewers (2.51 to 1.53 million), 46 percent in women 25-54 (1.3 rating/8 share to 0.7/ 4), 44 percent in women 18-49 (0.9/ 6 to 0.5/ 3) and 40 percent among women 18-34 (0.5/ 3 to 0.3/ 2).  Erosion for The Chew versus All My Children was not as significant in week two."

Week-to-week, The Revolution, in addition, declined by 13 percent in women 25-54 (0.8/ 4 to 0.7/ 4) and 17 percent in women 18-49 (0.6/ 3 to 0.5/ 3), with no change among women 18-34.

Here is The Revolution versus One Life to Live.

One Life to Live - Week of 1/24/11
Viewers: 2.51 million, Women 25-54: 1.3/ 8, Women 18-49: 0.9/ 6, Women 18-34: 0.5/ 3

The Revolution - Week of 1/23/12
Viewers: 1.53 million, Women 25-54: 0.7/ 4, Women 18-49: 0.5/ 3, Women 18-34: 0.3/ 2

Comments

February 4, 2012 at 9:58 pm
(1) katz523 says:

I guess that “training” isn’t going so well, is it, ABC. Bring One Life To Live back!

February 4, 2012 at 10:53 pm
(2) Dottie says:

Wake up and smell the coffee ABC, bring back OLTL!!!! Soap fans are not interested in any more reality,cooking or self help shows. I hope the idiot who decided to cancel our soaps has been fired! I dont watch any daytime programming on ABC, when the Mannings and McBains go to General Hospital I may watch until those storylines are wrapped up.

February 5, 2012 at 2:18 am
(3) LAdams48 says:

((((Please))))….bring back One Life to Live!!!! This is a wonderful series and they have done some very story lines that are actually helpful to some of their fans!!!

February 5, 2012 at 3:57 am
(4) Sara Lake says:

I noticed they don’t even think about all the people over age 55 who I’m sure must be quite a few people! Think about it…we are the people who are probably retired for the most part and able to view in the afternoons. Personally I think ABC has made one of the biggest boneheaded moves of the entire lifetime of television. That’s just my opinion but I’m not counted because I’m nearly 64.

February 5, 2012 at 7:52 am
(5) Terri W. says:

@Sara Lake: Yes, isn’t it amazing how networks and their advertisers think they can tell the difference between $$$ spent by a 30 year old person and $$$ spent by a 60 year old person. If it was MY business, I’d want everyone counted, since profits are profits in MY book, no matter WHO did the spending. Old and outdated demographics to be sure!

And is it unclassy of me to be THRILLED that “replacement crap” is TANKING in OLTL’s slot? Oh well, if it is, then this is the first time I’m also THRILLED to be “unclassy”! LOL! ABC/Disney, for the love of Pete, why don’t you just ADMIT your mistake, eat some humble pie and BRING OLTL BACK!!! We promise to come back WITH it if you DO and we’ll bring our MONEY with us, too! Tell your advertisers that, won’t you? :)

February 5, 2012 at 8:32 am
(6) Angela says:

I am so glad the Revolution crap is doing poorly.That should be enough for you to see that it was a huge mistake taking off OLTL for crap we don’t want any thing to do with.And I noticed any one over 54 doesn’t seem to count.You do know there are a lot of woman in there 60′s and even older that watch the soaps also.It seems like who ever it is screwing up our soaps has a bad issue with woman in general.You know there are a lot of men that also watch soaps.I feel like we’re all being discriminated against just because we love our soaps.The insult’s about only lazy people watching soaps didn’t help.I worked hard for year’s I think we all should be able to relax once in awhile by having the right to watch our soaps.Not be forced to give them up.All I see on ABC now is crappy garbage.I will not watch any thing on ABC any more the only thing I watch on there now is General Hospital.Once you get rid of that next I will never watch any thing on ABC at all.Not unless you see the huge mistake you made and get OLTL and the rest back on.I am very disgusted and will stay that way till we get our soap’s back……….

February 5, 2012 at 9:04 am
(7) Joy says:

Being over 55 makes me feel that what we think and say should count. Since OLTL went off I have not turned ABC on during the day. This is the biggest mistake ever that they have made. Will I watch General Hospital to see what they do with the Manning’s and McBain stories, only time will tell. We the people say BRING BACK OLTL and ALL MY CHILDREN. Get smart people who made the original decision to cancel.

February 5, 2012 at 9:11 am
(8) Terri W. says:

@Angela: You made a very interesting and spot-on point concerning the decision making process at ABC/Disney. They DO seem to hold ALL women in poor regard. They care nothing about the scores of women (of ALL ages) who were watching OLTL and replace their beloved show with dreck that tells women they aren’t good enough the way they are and that the only hope they have of “improving” themselves is by having these so-called “experts” tell them what to do. Maybe the problem is ABC/Disney believes too firmly in the “Disney” way of looking at things—women are either precious princesses waiting for the right prince to come along and “save” them or they’re ugly “stepsisters” who need complete overhauls to be truly “happy” in life. They need to realize that soap viewers are NOT all princesses or stepsisters—MANY of us work or have worked, raised families, bought products advertised during our shows, etc. THAT is the reality. And WE are who they have lost by canceling our beloved OLTL. People may tune in to see the OLTL actors on GH, but I can’t see the fans being happy for the long run without Llanview. I’ve returned to watching GH lately to “catch up”, but compared to OLTL, it’s difficult to stay interested. The highlight of the entire week of GH for me, was the delightful Carolyn Hennesy as Diane and her scenes with Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis. But, the whole time I kept thinking how the character of Diane would be AMAZING paired with DORIAN LORD! They would be absolutely hysterical!

February 5, 2012 at 9:44 am
(9) kelly says:

i was so happy to see that the stupid revelutiion is low. that made my day i hope there is a chance they bring back one life to live.i told my kids about the post my five year old likes it also. my 9 month old liam and i use to watch every day,when home my five and 10 year old would watch also,iam a stay at home mom i miss my soap.

February 5, 2012 at 10:35 am
(10) maureen says:

I now only watch 1 program on abe Windy City Live ABC

Have stopped all abc

February 5, 2012 at 10:47 am
(11) Laurakay says:

Realistically OLTL was also a low rated show and unfortunately when revolution tanks I’m sure ABC will not replace it with bringing OLTL back. ABC will find another way to bring in the ratings. ABC was not the only network to cancel a soap due to low ratings. Soaps are becoming a trend of the past. I grew up with soaps AMC and OLTL but even I know business is business and all good things must come to an end. Not to sound mean folks but turn off the tv get up and get a hobby.

February 5, 2012 at 10:51 am
(12) Wilda says:

I agree, maybe if they counted ALL the baby boomers those in our mid 50′s and over they would have gotten a whole different set of results!!!

February 5, 2012 at 11:43 am
(13) Susan Gasparik says:

Notwithstanding the fact that both AMC and OLTL are done in ABC’s eyes, keep plugging your sorry replacements. I stopped watching that channel altogether and hope both new shows tank. The name of the game is corporate greed; let them lose a bundle of money. Good for you!

February 5, 2012 at 12:02 pm
(14) GariAnne says:

I am 60. I started watching OLTL in 1969. You do the math. I followed Jackie Zeaman to GH, and watched it until it became all mob oriented. My kids are all grown and out of the house. I now have the money to spend on all the extras advertised on any show I watch. Why am I not counted? Women live into their 90′s now, and we don’t count? I could comment on male chauvanism, but it seems self-evident.

I watch GH now to support all those who are it’s fans, and supported AMC and OLTL for us. Otherwise, ABC is persona non gratis at my house. This applies to the ABC Family of networks as well.

I am neither lazy, nor uneducated. I prefer scripted TV over “unreality” shows. No matter what is shown on a food show, I will still go to the kitchen and prepare whatever is shown on my 1800 calorie diabetic menu for that meal.

I miss OLTL. It was my daily “me-time.” In reality (excuse the pun) I have quit watching all three networks in the afternoon. None of them have come up with anything I like to watch. Everyone loses.

February 5, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(15) Julie says:

No surprise here TV starts off with the Today, Good Morning America & other talk shows. Then you got Rachael Ray, The Doctors the list goes on & on. Those shows are pretty decent. By the afternoon people want to watch something different that’s why the ratings were good for OLTL. ABC just needs to bring it back even for a 30 minute show if it’s about money. I started watching other soaps on CBS because am not interested in any other “talk” shows

February 5, 2012 at 12:43 pm
(16) Terri W. says:

@Laurakay: I don’t quite understand your nastiness toward devoted OLTL fans (unless you’re a big fan of the Regurgitation), but let me say this. ABC kept GH, when OLTL was the highest rated soap out of all THREE. That is a fact, so the reasons given for OLTL’s cancellation don’t make sense. I believe that’s what has so many fans up in arms to this day. And many of us managed to view OLTL regularly and still work and enjoy our hobbies. It really isn’t fair to assume otherwise. In fact, it’s rather insulting.

February 5, 2012 at 12:54 pm
(17) Susan Gasparik says:

Comment directed at Laurakay. Get off your highhorse. As the ratings indicated, OLTL was the hightest rated ABC soap. Frankly, the decision to end it was made years ago, albeit at what expense to the network? Replaced by soporific claptrap, ABC is doomed. CBS will draw all the displaced viewers. Admittedly, I am 57 years ago; however, baby boomers don’t factor into the ratings equation. I am not sitting at home, work 12 hours a day, work weekends. Honey, I don’t need a hobby….

February 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm
(18) kelly says:

THIS IS FOR LAURA KAY WHAT OTHER HOBBY CAN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE RAISING A FAMILY . HAVE A VERY ACTIVE FIVE YEAR OLD, AND A NINE MONTH OLD THAT IS READY TO WALK,WE USE TO SIT AND WATCH ONE LIFE TO LIVE,THAT WAS OUR CHILL OUT TIME . AND IM NOT A BABY BOOMER.EVEN IF I WENT OUT IN THE SUMMER WITH KIDS. I WATCHED AT NIGHT ON SOAP NET.LAST FEBUARY I WAS SICK FORTREE WEEKS AND IWAS PREGNANT PEOPLE DONT REALIZE WHEN YOUR SICK AND IN BED THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WATCH , SINCE THEY TOOK OFF THE SOAP IHOPE NO ONE GETS SICK. I HATE T.V. IN THE AFTERNOON NOW.

February 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm
(19) scoutk says:

OLTL was a wonderful show. I agree it boils down to greed, not quality television. I don’t know what the prospect park angle was about other than stringing the fans along. I do not trust ABC. As much as I would like to watch the actors and their characters now allegedly on GH, I don’t believe this is longterm. If it was, why didn’t they advertise this for the loyal viewers? Something just smells rotten.

February 5, 2012 at 1:41 pm
(20) Susan Gasparik says:

This is direct toward Scout’s comment. Truer words were never spoken! Prospect Park angle was merely that, probably the machinations of ABC just to pacify the loyal AMC/OLTL viewership. But that’s neither here nor there. GH will be the next fall guy, so why bother to watch. In the end, the powers that be are going to solely promote Katie Couric (I have to ask why?). ABC viewers need to head over to CBS’ Y&R, and follow the Genoa City folks.

February 5, 2012 at 1:47 pm
(21) scoutk says:

Susan, you are right on the money! Now they will have 3 dud shows-chew, revolution and the less-than-palpable Katie Couric. I was home one day trying to watch tv during the day time and it was mindless drivel.It was a sad day that 43 years of classic television died for the revolution-the new revolution of daytime drivel.

February 5, 2012 at 1:54 pm
(22) Susan Gasparik says:

Yes, CBS should thank the idiots at the helm at ABC. Their ratings will climb at the latter’s expense. ABC just keep plunking down your big bucks on Chew/Revolution/Couric. I don’t care! Wonderful shows died, and you lost loyal viewers. Frons was merely the hatchet man; this revamp was decided years ago. Quality daytime television be damned!!! I just hope all those great actors in NYC and LA , as well as the crew can find replacement jobs.

February 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm
(23) Terri W. says:

@Susan and Scout: I’ve already been watching Y&R and B&B—started the first day AMC was off the air. I’ will support the soaps, but nothing else ABC airs. (I only watched the View the day they had the OLTL tribute on.) Re: Katie Couric’s show: I’m not sure if you know this or not, but ABC/Disney has already returned an hour of afternoon programming to local affiiates to air what they choose and many are deciding to remove GH from their line ups, not necessarily for KC’s show either. In Orlando, FL there is talk that the show replacing GH will be Steve Harvey’s show. So, returning this hour to their local ABC networks is NOT a good sign, in my opinion. But, I don’t want to be deemed a “naysayer”, so let’s just say I’m playing the “wait and see” game.

February 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm
(24) scoutk says:

It will be delightful to see these fine actors on other shows. I have already seen Susan Lucci on a few shows. I just don’t understand why no other channel picked up the show unless ABC made it impossible contractually to do so. I wouldn’t put it past ABC.

February 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm
(25) Sabrina says:

That is so idiotic of ABC! If they don’t want the soaps, what’s it to them if another network picks them up, it’s like a man who can’t have a certain woman but doesn’t want anyone else to have her either, that’s how it sounds like to me!

February 5, 2012 at 4:55 pm
(26) Carly says:

They didn’t seem to care what my demographic was watching. I look at the over 50 group (I’m 61) as the ones who have the money to spend on products more than those younger. So why aren’t we measured for the ratings? Anyway, the figures for the replacement show are of no surprise. My gosh! You took away one the longest running shows in TV History and not because the actors moved onto something else or the writers ran out of material…. they did it because they THOUGHT viewers would rather see “Reality TV” (which is staged anyway!) I would much rather watch the caliber of talented actors on a soap like OLTL brings than the “cast” the replacement show has presented us. Everyone, you really need to watch (and suffer) once to see how BAD the replacement show is! I watched just to get a list of their sponsors so I will know who I won’t be supporting anymore!

February 5, 2012 at 6:35 pm
(27) Susan Gasparik says:

I watched the Chew for all of 5 minutes, and I couldn’t stand it. Aren’t there enough food shows already? Someone forget about the Food Network? I lasted 2 minutes with Revolution, which was nothing short of frightful. But those of a certain age don’t count. Lest they forget, we make the money and have disposable income. Now that’s not to denigrate the stay at home moms with small children. I was there, and my children grew up with these shows as I once did.

February 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm
(28) kelly says:

i hear that i am a stay at home mom.and i looked foward to watching one life to live.tv sucks now.

February 5, 2012 at 8:24 pm
(29) gigi says:

Hey I’m almost 70. I’m still a human being, breathing and should be counted. Not only did I stop watching daytime TV. But I stopped watching abc period. TV is becoming all reality. I’d rather be creative or doing exercise then sit around watching old hat TV. Bring back the soaps or loose your audience. Keep up the strike people!

February 5, 2012 at 9:22 pm
(30) Kay says:

ABC/Disney does not get it. The soap fans were your daytime lineup viewers, of all ages. How can you say one age is more important than another age? We all watched your network. We all bought the products that were advertised. But what is most important we are from a range of all ages that HAVE STOPED watching your network therefore we are not seeing the products that the advertisers are advertising on your network. I think I will watch just long enough to see who these advertisers are so I will be sure I don’t buy these products.

February 5, 2012 at 9:43 pm
(31) Sandy says:

I agree with the people who commented about the over 55 age group not being taken into account. I started watching One Life to Live when I was in college and have watched it all these years. I bet there are many of us who they haven’t counted. I watched part of one of the Revolution shows and I think it’s a poor substitute for a show that I have loved watching over the years. I won’t watch the Revolution again, and I am sorry that ABC chose to disregard those of us who have been loyal viewers for so many years.

February 6, 2012 at 12:09 am
(32) terri k says:

cant believe its been all these weeks and abcd still wont acknowledge their fans demands, just give agnes nixon what is rightfully hers….it will help everyone ..viewers and this gesture very well could sit well with all daytime viewers, we may go back to watching the View, but i am sorry never the chew or revolution…..just not good tv

February 6, 2012 at 12:54 am
(33) Carol says:

I’m 68 and retired…time to watch the soaps and I really enjoyed them. They deal with issues real people are dealing with and have helped me through a lot of personal things. I will NOT watch the Chew or the Revolution and if they cancel GH, I will not watch that replacement. I’m disappointed that Macy’s is one of their sponsors in the replacements…I won’t be shopping there and I really love the store. Baby boomers were not counted in their demographics and yet we have the most free time to watch the shows and the most disposable income. Discriminatory and sexist. GH is the only thing I watch on ABC now except for some local news. So sad. It used to be my favorite network.

February 6, 2012 at 9:15 am
(34) steve says:

A great kick ABC’s ass webpage!

February 6, 2012 at 9:29 am
(35) Sami says:

I grew up watching both AMC and OLTL and feel like I lost part of my past now that they are no longer on the air. Do they even count the hundreds of people who, like myself, watch their soaps online? My life is busy and I can’t watch them during their time slot or on SoapNet so I catch them online. It is my understanding that was not included in their ratings. I now lots of people who watched them that way and I bet there are lots of fans who would pay to watch their soaps at a minimal cost like they do for HBO or SHOWTIME. Why isn’t that an option? I would not watch either of the replacement shows because they look boring and for the mere principal of it. Cable offers us lots of those type of shows if we are interested. My sister caught a glimpse of them when she was waiting for General Hospital to start, and OLTO before it went off the air, and she said that the audience is sparse, so it can’t even get a good rating with the live audience. Send these two shows packing and suggest they find a home on the cooking channel.

February 6, 2012 at 9:40 am
(36) Terri W. says:

I think what these networks and advertisers also fail to realize is that times have changed. They’re still using demographics from a different era. Many over-50s today are raising their grandchildren or deciding to have children late in life, are active at work and in their communities, have extra money to SPEND, etc. They are still buying diapers, baby food, toys, as well as groceries, toiletries, make-up. Very short-sighted (not to mention, totally out of touch) of these networks and advertisers to underestimate us.

February 6, 2012 at 1:58 pm
(37) May39 says:

When Disney bought ABC the shows that were on tv that were good started to disappear. Then so called “reality” shows became popular. I haven’t watched ABC primetime in a long time but AMC and OLTL were the only shows that was left that was any good. I stopped watching those shows when the writing sucked! If the stories were better I would have hung in there longer. It is probably too late for a return but if they do come back on the air with a new writing team I would watch them again. It’s sad that no one cares one tiny bit about the over 55 group. oh well… I hear CBS still kept the number one soap on the air maybe we can all give it a go.

February 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm
(38) Tim H says:

Hey, women aren’t the only ones that watch our beloved SOAPS AMC and OLTL. There are a lot of men out here that are faithful followers, too. I have watched these two shows since the early seventies and have never missed an episode. ABC needs to get the rights back to these shows and give them back to Agnes Nixon, so we can get these shows on another network or cable channel.

February 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm
(39) ELAIN says:

i refuse to even let my channel surf over channel 5 during that stupid replacement show!!

bring back one life tol live

February 6, 2012 at 2:49 pm
(40) Terri W. says:

Sorry, Tim! You’re absolutely correct. There are many loyal male viewers who are just as upset about OLTL’s cancellation and they deserve to be recognized, too.

February 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm
(41) kelly says:

tim thanks for posting. its good to know men enjoy the soaps . i am a stay at home mom of 4 and i keep my t, v. off at 2p.m . i had my son out side today. but i still miss one life to live.hope abc or another chanel picks up.always one life to live fan.

February 6, 2012 at 6:10 pm
(42) Jenny says:

I encourage everyone who has posted or reads this to continue talking to everyone about their frustration with ABC – tweet, call, email, whatever – just don’t throw up your hands and give up. This is a longterm battle. It’s about whether these shows are really gone forever or not.

Join the SWAN group on Facebook for ways to get your voice heard: https://www.facebook.com/groups/198139810275324/

February 7, 2012 at 9:15 am
(43) Terri W. says:

@Jenny: I agree with you—BUT—the problem is, if the battle becomes too protracted, you may find that even if OLTL was to return, it won’t resemble the OLTL we know and love. Too many of the people involved will have moved on, taking other jobs, moving to other locations, etc. It will be more like the new version of Dallas, with a few of the old, classic characters, but centering on their progeny.

February 7, 2012 at 9:56 am
(44) kelly says:

terry w, you have a point. i never thought about that the others would move on. like star. . i have been sad for weeks, my husbands out look was dont be sad. just be glad you had your soap. i guess i sould look on the brightside. spring will be here and i can take my kids for a walk let them play outside. thanks for yor post. oh and thankyou for congralating me on my son.liam. he is nine months and trying to walk i also have an active five old ,so i got my hads full.

February 7, 2012 at 11:30 am
(45) Evie says:

THE SHOW IS BORING BRING BACK OLTL, THEY MADE A BIG MISTAKE AND PUTTING THE SHOW.

February 7, 2012 at 11:55 am
(46) cmd says:

I HOPE THEY ALL ENJOY THERE TIME ON T.V. BECAUSE IT WILL END SOON! THE CHEW AND THE REV WILL BE DUMPED AND ABC WILL FILL THE SPOT WITH MORE CRAP AND GARBAGE THAT NO ONE WANTS TO SEE! ONE LIFE TO LIVE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS!!!!!

February 7, 2012 at 12:48 pm
(47) missy says:

I stopped watching TV during 1-3 pm everyday because I will not support those stupid reality/cooking shows. OLTL should be brought back- no one wants to watch the same cooking crap day after day. We already gave too may AND a Food network if we really need to watch someone cook. Who made this really horrible mistake anyway?

February 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm
(48) Roberta Baker says:

I watched the Revolution for 10 minutes ugh. Please, I like to sleep when I go to bed. Bring One Life to Live back!!!!!!!!

February 7, 2012 at 2:41 pm
(49) Roberta Baker says:

I wonder if the producers or the TV station ever see these comments. The Revolution is for the birds (vultures) I want One Life to Live not a bunch of Know-it-all Preachers telling me what to do with my life

February 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm
(50) vicky says:

they need to bring back one life to live because there are the best and for whoever but the chew sucks we know how to cook so for that we dont need it bring our soaps back i been watching it for 26 years ever since they took the soaps off the air i dont watch abc unles they coming back again

February 7, 2012 at 4:33 pm
(51) Susan Gasparik says:

The way I see it, the executive decision was made by a bunch of mindless idiots. If the ratings were apparently poor when OLTL was telecast, what are these idiots saying now? Did they EVER consider the loyal viewership? Did they actually think everyone was sitting at home when it was on? A large segment of the populace work and caught the show at night, either through DVR or soapnet. I wish I could get them in a room and lambaste them for the cancellation. Of course, it’s no use penetrating the minds of clueless wonders. I contacted ABC, but the network never responded. Here’s hoping CBS attracts a mighty big following!

February 7, 2012 at 6:02 pm
(52) Terri W. says:

Kelly, wow, you DO have your hands full! But, it’s worth it and they grow up so fast—hang on to every moment. :) I’m still sad, too, so don’t feel like you’re alone. I mean, look at all the comments on here. We’re ALL still in mourning. After all, it hasn’t been but several weeks since it went off and it was ON for 43 years. My husband had gotten hooked on OLTL, too, and he even misses it. He’d never admit it though. Haha And yeah, I was worried that if Prospect Park or whoever else was talking about bringing OLTL 2.0 to the internet or wherever and they kept dragging it out, it would be too late to resurrect it as it originally was aired, with all the same characters. Our best chance I feel of that happening was when the original 13, (including Miss Erika Slezak herself!!! How lucky could we have gotten??), signed on with PP. But, they’re actors and that’s how they make their living. They can’t just sit around forever, hoping a production company will pick up their old show. They’ll move on to new jobs (with binding contracts) or move to new locations or even retire from acting to do something new with their lives. Time is THE most important factor in all this.

February 8, 2012 at 9:24 am
(53) kelly says:

terry w. i think it was great that you and your husband watched one life to live.it gives you time together.its funny men dont tell you if they miss a show. i hope you guys can find another my husband and i use to watch turner classic movies when i was pregnant. i enjoyed the time with him. now we watch t.v. with the kids.i know what you mean kids grow up fast our old child is going on15. we have one gone11 then5 they grow up fast.i think liam might be our last baby i had him at age 41 they put meno threw n stress test. everything was fine . he is getting into stuff. and trying to walk . it was nice talking to you.

February 8, 2012 at 6:09 pm
(54) sue says:

How about a show called All My Children have one life to live. Have both Erica and Vicky in the show with their stories.

February 9, 2012 at 7:13 am
(55) Kim Jones says:

I’d turn my television back on for OLTL …

February 9, 2012 at 7:17 am
(56) kelly says:

i know they messed up t.v. in the afternoon. last febuary i was sick for three weeks. i couldnt get rid of a cold and i was6 months pregnant, i allways watch one life to live. i started to watch all my children again. it feels weird putting on the t.v. and no one life to live. no susan lucci. how many times was erica on.i dont watch. t.v. from 1to3 . nothing is on t.v. the tralk that show is awful. i dont like the soaps on the other chanels. so i guess iam. not gonna watch soaps anymore. only when star blair tod go on g. h. i cant stand kate howard. what a snob. imalso sick of the mob.. day time is down the tubes anymore

February 9, 2012 at 8:15 am
(57) susanmz says:

ABC is just being stupid and stubborn. I’m glad to see Revolution going down in a ball of flames. I miss OLTL.

February 10, 2012 at 11:03 am
(58) cat says:

I also say PLEASE bring back One Life to Live!!!!
And I also agree with comments that they don’t seem to be counting viewers over age 55 and I am not 55 yet but that would be MANY viewers not counted!!!!
PLEASE realize the mistake you made and bring back OLTL and see ABC daytime rating soar back up!!!
I will not (listen to what I am saying) WILL NOT watch THE CHEW or THE REVOLUTION!!!! I turn the channel to CBS, NBC or any other cable channel during the day, BUT NOT ABC !!! Do you get it yet????

February 10, 2012 at 11:23 am
(59) Terri W. says:

After not having watched GH for several years, I have been trying to get back into it. But, I think I may have to just wait until the OLTL people arrive, as I’m finding GH doesn’t hold my interest. I keep picking up magazines or books and reading while the show is on (I never did that during OLTL—except for that Stacy Morasco fiasco a few years back—I got a lot of reading done while that bag of blood was being ridiculously tossed around). When does the RC/FV regime officially kick in? Please tell me that the current scenes on GH are NOT their doing. If it is, I may not be able to watch even with my “people” back on the screen.

February 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm
(60) Barb says:

die ABC/D, die!

February 10, 2012 at 12:51 pm
(61) kelly says:

to barb. i agree their is nothing good on chanel 6. our one life and all my children are gone. they dont have any good night time shows. they should pull the plug on that chanel.i miss one life to live.

February 10, 2012 at 1:32 pm
(62) Marisa E says:

yes bring back one life to live and all my children Period!!!

February 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm
(63) kelly says:

i cant take this. i hate all the other soaps.it s four weeks on monday. no one life to live now my son is asleep. iam mopping the kitcen floor. i always had my t. v. on not anymore. no thanks to that brian fronz.

February 11, 2012 at 5:13 pm
(64) Terri W. says:

Well, if it makes you feel better at all, I saw an interview on Facebook this morning with Catherine Hickland (Lindsay) and she said that she had dinner with some executives from some big networks (although not ABC, CBS or NBC) and they told her that they are watching what’s going on with this huge number of people who are STILL fighting back to get their soaps returned to TV. So she said to NOT give up fighting, keep commenting and letting these networks know that you WANT your soaps back. She said that we ARE being heard by people who have the power to possibly do something about it.

February 11, 2012 at 5:56 pm
(65) Lisa says:

OMG Terri… That doesn’t sound bad at all, I keep hoping and praying that someone will pick up our beloved soap in the near furture. Imagine how surprised and overjoyed we’d be if we were to log on here again and see a headline stating that it has picked up our show!! If we continue to protest, I know it will happen!

February 11, 2012 at 6:22 pm
(66) kelly says:

terryw. thanks for the information it made my day.i hope we get our soap one life to live back. they know they screwed up. good. icant stand the afternoons anymore please bring back ourone life to live someone.

February 12, 2012 at 8:15 am
(67) kelly says:

i saw the cofrance with catrine hickland on face book . she is 100 percent for us soap fans. she is a good actress. she was tess on loving. i us to watch that soap . abc took that off also . they had all the good soaps on now im not sure .generalhospital is bring one life to live people. i read on soapcenterl that they are bring backheatter webber and i read somewhere they are bring back rick springfeild thats all. damage control. they know they screwed up big time. if they want to damange control they should put one life to live back on. then people will watch chanel6 again. i use to watch chanel six news. now i dont.. canel abc six doesnt exist to me anymore.

February 12, 2012 at 9:07 am
(68) Terri W. says:

@Kelly: Yes, I used to watch Loving, too. Then it became The City and then they canceled it. :/ But, I’ve always loved Cat Hickland. She’s such a down to earth, sweet person!

@LIsa: Do you realize how many HAPPY, LOYAL fans another network would be adding to its viewership if it resurrected OLTL??? They need to get on the BALL! Like—-YESTERDAY! :)

February 12, 2012 at 4:00 pm
(69) Mica says:

PLEASE Bring ONE LIFE TO LIVE BACK look at how it ended …I am still heartbroken that I can’t watch it anymore It was absolutely the best soap EVER created!!!!

February 13, 2012 at 2:22 pm
(70) Linmarie says:

I think we need to do a headcount. All those over 55 please check in with your age at the beginning. This also proves you don’t mess with women when they are angry!

February 13, 2012 at 3:02 pm
(71) kelly says:

i cant stand my house with out my t.v. on .this time of the day it is off because their is nothing on. i think this thing with the one life stars. is probley hype. it will probley be no big deal i wish they would just put on life to live back. it had good story lines.

February 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm
(72) Kristen says:

Well I count for something. Im 21 years old and I always looked forward to coming home from work (especially when I was pregnant and even after I had my son) and watching One Life To Live. My mom has been watching AMC, OLTL, and GH for years. OLTL is the only show I ever actually go interested in. As a matter of fact my 19 year old brother and my father also became interested in it. It sucks they took it off the air it was something that I actually looked forward to watching as well as being able to enjoy MY HOBBIES.

February 13, 2012 at 4:34 pm
(73) kelly says:

kristin i agree one life to live is the best soap. i named my baby after liam mcbain. i am 41, and have been watching one to live . i remer tina and cord. i was glad to see them get married again, i hope another chanel picks up our soap. i miss roxy she was crazy. she was neat character. the loss of one life to live is like a loss of a loved one.

February 13, 2012 at 7:37 pm
(74) Pam Broughton says:

I am 41 and I miss One Live To Live! I watched it on DVR after work with my kids. I am so tired of all these reality shows. We live reality. It was nice to lose yourself in a soap for an hour. If costs were to much to produce One Live To Live daily, then they should think about putting it on Friday nights. There is nothing good on Friday nights anyway.

February 13, 2012 at 9:33 pm
(75) vicky says:

I’ve been watching OLTL since 1972 or there about. I’m 49 & going through withdrawal! I’m a medical professional who relaxes after work watching this show and AMC which I miss but not as much. Please network if you’re listening….. Give us back our soap!

February 14, 2012 at 11:12 am
(76) Terri W. says:

Did you all hear this morning that during the Grammys, Oprah tweeted a message, begging for people to watch HER network, especially if they had a “Nielsen Box”??? OMG—desperate much? Anyway, apparently the Nielsen people didn’t care for her doing that and she not only had to apologize, she had to remove the tweet altogether! For someone who built her empire by being in touch with her audience, she has become SO amazingly OUT of touch with them. That’s what fame and riches do to some people. Gee, are you “making a DIME” with the junk you have on your network Oprah? And the soaps were a “dying genre”, eh? Sounds more like your network is the “dying genre”! BRING BACK OLTL!!!!!!

February 14, 2012 at 11:18 am
(77) kelly says:

I TRYED TO WATCH GENERAL ON SOAPNET LAST NIGHT. IT IS AWFUL.PLEASEBRIG BACK ONE LIFE TO LIVE A.B.C. YOU TOOK OFF THE WRONG SOAP. LOOK AT G,H, IT SUCKS

February 14, 2012 at 11:52 am
(78) Terri W. says:

I second that, Kelly! I may try watching again as of today, only because Finola Hughes, whom I LOVE, is returning to GH as Anna Devane. Then it won’t be long before the OLTL people begin airing. I’ll try watching for them, too. But, RC and FV sure have their work cut out for them as far as turning GH around. ABC/Disney screwed up BIG time. OLTL was the soap to SAVE!!!

February 14, 2012 at 1:20 pm
(79) kelly says:

TERRY W. WILL PROBLEY WATCH G. H. FOR THE ONE LIFE TO LIVE PEOPLE ISNT THAT NEXT WEEK? I HAVE A FUNNY FEELING G.H. IS PUTTING TO MY HYPE IN IT. JUST BRING VIEWS BACK TO A .B.C. THEY WOULD GET MORE VIEWERS IF THEY BOUGHT BACK ONE LIFE TO LIVE AND ALL MY CHILDREN. MY FAVORITE IS ONE LIFE TO LIVE. ALL MY CHILDREN WAS O.K. I WATCHED ON AND OFF BRIAN FRON SCEWED UP. I HEARD HE TOOK OFF OUR SOAPS AND LEFT. HE PROBLEY GOT HELL. FROM PEOPLE AND THEN LEFT OR WAS PROBLEY LEFT GO. ONE OR THE OTHER. I GUESS WILL WAIT AND SEE IF OTHER STATION PICKS UP ONE LIFE TO LIVE

February 14, 2012 at 2:55 pm
(80) joyce says:

I refuse to watch the revolution. Watched it for about 10 minutes and didn’t like the show at all. They should have left one life on. Hope the ratings get worse everyday and ABC loses viewers for this time slot. Put One Life to Live back on and I will watch again. They took my two favorite shows off.

February 14, 2012 at 5:10 pm
(81) Terri W. says:

Yes, Brian Frons “resigned” after the entire debacle with our soaps, but I’m sure he left with a nice severance package. :( As far as I know (and anyone can correct me if I’m wrong), the first air date for OLTL actors is February 27th. Today, GH was tolerable because Finola was back with her natural beauty, personality and charm! (Robert Scorpio is to follow, so that should be even better.) They are bringing back many old-timer actors/characters to GH now. Not sure if that’s a good or bad sign. I agree with you that AMC had become just “okay”, but OLTL had many more “hits” than misses with its stories and it was so much FUN to watch with Dorian, Viki, Roxy, etc. Fun is definitely missing from GH. As for The Spew or The Revulsion, my TV is not on ABC at all unless GH is on. That’s about it.

February 14, 2012 at 7:31 pm
(82) crystal says:

I agree with all that says that ABC made the biggest mistake ever. I have watched the three soaps AMC, OLTL, GH since I was in elementary school, many years ago. Even though I am well grown in my 50′s I was still watching them faithfully. I work most of the day, but when I finally able to relax before I go to sleep for a few hours, my DVR was on them. I have tape these soaps even before a DVR was invented, back to the old VHS tapes. How could you do this to us, your faithful viewers of many years. What is funny is that my granddaughters had start getting into the soaps and could not wait until I watched them in the evening so they can see them also. Another generation was growing up to be a faithful watcher too. BRING THEM BACK. I will not record or have my tvs on that channel doing the day. I refuse to let my household be counted in the number of viewers watching that stuff. Sorry you lost me!!!!

February 15, 2012 at 7:22 pm
(83) kelly says:

terry w. saw general hospital yeasterday. it was o.k. could have been better. missed todays. i probley didnt miss nothing . lets hope the manning do something for the show. it is nothing like one life to live.

February 15, 2012 at 9:23 pm
(84) brenda says:

yes i miss one life to live i think they should put it back on abc they should have not took it off

February 16, 2012 at 6:57 am
(85) kelly says:

brenda i agree with you last year the show was really good. and so was this january. thr gigi shane and rex story was one for all parents to beaware of bulling. i think it was a wondeful show. imiss it. my kids would watch it not my 14 year old, but my five and ten year old. my 9 month old. i loved one life to live this soap is a bigger loss then dallas or knots landing when we lost that.

February 16, 2012 at 10:19 am
(86) kelly says:

terry w. i just looked up g.h. spoilers. star is on the week of the 20th. then todd and blair febuary 27th. then john mcbain in march . i cant wait to see them. i love tod and blair . lets hope everything goes good with these stars. i hope they decide to put our one life to live on again.

February 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm
(87) lori says:

not surprising — The Revolution is really awful — whereas The Chew (AMC replacement) is actually quite good.

February 16, 2012 at 1:22 pm
(88) Anonymous says:

People, please get over it. OLTL is never coming back. If The Revolution fails, ABC will get replace it with something else. But this won’t be OLTL..

February 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm
(89) Sabrina says:

I agree! ABC will always find some other crap to replace it.

Kelly, I’m surprised how you have time to log onto a computer, and burn so much energy with a soap when you have a flockload of small kids to take care of!! Wow

February 16, 2012 at 4:01 pm
(90) kelly says:

sabrina ihave a 5 year old that is active. a nine month old. i write when my kids are in school i have 3 in school one at home . one life to libve was my only break. i have kids launry dogs, cats a house to clean i am a stay at home mom . i dont go to the bar. yet kids make you worry. iam upat 6am doing launry getting my husband out to work. i am up with the baby .so cause im on the computer you have to complain. half the time i am on before the sun is up. i am enjoying a cup of coffee

February 17, 2012 at 8:57 am
(91) Micheline says:

Kelly…we don’t need to hear about your life stories, we’re here to talk about OLTL and the possibility of it’s return, if it ever comes back, I hope it does, but on another network, or maybe online. For the time being, I have taken a great interest in the B&B, it’s a pretty good soap. As for GH, I will only watch it when Todd, Blair, and John will be present, but when they’re gone, so am I. I am so not interested in that ridiculous mobster storyline revolving around Sonny and Jason!

February 18, 2012 at 8:52 am
(92) Terri W. says:

Gee, Micheline, if you have been reading this thread (because so far, you haven’t made any comments at all), Kelly was simply placed on the defensive by someone’s snarky, unnecessary remark. Instead of firing back at the person, she simply explained her situation. As for “Anonymous”—yeah, brave one there—I love how you’re telling others to “get over it” but here you are, taking the time to post remarks putting others down for continuing their interest in OLTL. Apparently, you aren’t “over it” either or you would be doing something else with your time and energy. At least Kelly doesn’t come on here with the express purpose of cutting others down in an attempt to make themselves feel superior. Kelly has as much right as anyone to come on here, post her comments and converse with other people. As long as they aren’t rude, nasty or obscene, everyone has this right.

February 24, 2012 at 10:19 am
(93) kelly says:

my son was up 4 in the morning i rocked him back to sleep we watched one life to live on soapnet. i love one life to live. it was with cathy brier the first mike mcbain . i have been going threw one life to live with draw. please some station pick up one life to live.

February 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm
(94) kelly says:

terry w. thank you for standing up for me last week. i wanted to tell you star cole and hope were on today of course friday with a clifhaner. i watched all week for our one life to live family . i so miss one life to live

February 26, 2012 at 10:19 am
(95) Terri W. says:

Hi, Kelly! Yes, I saw Starr, Hope and Cole on Friday’s GH. I’m just worried now that they’re killing off Cole and Hope. At least do NOT do that to HOPE! And ratings up to now have been HORRIBLE for GH. I’m praying that the coming influx of OLTL actors will demonstrate to the powers that be at ABC/Disney that we are a force to be reckoned with. With any luck, the rise in the ratings will reflect just how many of us are still wanting to see these actors/characters.

And you are welcome for the other thing. I just don’t get people who can’t express themselves without being nasty about it. And I don’t think some of them realize how ironic it is when they come on here and tell others (in a superior tone, no less) to “move on” or “get a life”. If those people had actually “moved on”, they would have no clue as to what was being said on these boards. Apparently, their lives consist of lurking on here and waiting for their moment to be snarky.

February 26, 2012 at 6:10 pm
(96) kelly says:

terry w. i was thinking the same thing about cole and hope.i didnt write about it incase anyone missed it i know on monday they play fridays epoisodes. but at least i hope the keep hope alive. i like for the originaly cole back. i love star and cole.i only watch it for the one life to live people. and robin dying, how sad. well lets hope that hope is alive.ill talk to you later

February 26, 2012 at 6:57 pm
(97) Lisa says:

I also tuned in to GH on friday and it was good to see those familiar faces, can’t wait for our fabulous duo (Todd and Blair) this week, and ofcourse when that gorgeous detective with those icy blue eyes, ( John Mc Bain), really hoping they write him with Natalie and Liam, and not with Sam! I’m not crazy about her.

Hoping everyone is ok from the accident, especially little Hope! I really don’t like GH, I have FF most of the episode except for Starr and Cole because of the familiar faces, but when my faves (RH, KDP, ME) leave, I will no longer watch this senseless show!

However… I am loving B&B, it’s the only soap I enjoy watching!

February 27, 2012 at 11:13 am
(98) Terri W. says:

I agree with you, Lisa! I’ve been trying to watch GH before our beloved actors show up, just to catch myself up with the storylines and my GOD, it has been so painful at times. One day, my husbamd asked if I wanted GH on and I said to forget about it until the OLTL actors come on. I used to be as devoted to GH as I was to OLTL and AMC (OLTL had become my main soap though within the last decade), but I quit watching GH years ago. It just lost touch with what made the show so great. They kicked so many of the most beloved actors/characters to the curb—killing off Alan Q. was one of THE biggest blunders EVER. Stupid, stupid decision. Well, one of MANY stupid, stupid decisions.

And yes, I’ve been enjoying B&B, too. And also Y&R. I’ve always heard so many great things about Michelle Stafford (got to see a little of her on Ringer, too) and now get to watch her on that show. She is a very talented lady. I’m looking forward to our wonderful OLTL people coming on GH and I have my fingers crossed that RC doesn’t mess up OUR OLTL history to fit them in to Port Charles. Sweet baby John McBain should be with Natalie and Liam, NOT Sam. Keep Sam with Jason (anyone else picture their kid being born wearing a black t-shirt and holding a gun???). Haha! And don’t kill HOPE! Quit it with the killing of kids and babies! That’s not what people want to watch on their soaps! They want fun, romance, humor, mystery—you know, all the things that OLTL had in spades and that GH hasn’t possessed in years. (With the exception of Diane and Alexis—-write for these women, RC!!! Give them more air time! They are a breath of fresh air and comedic GOLD!)

February 27, 2012 at 10:01 pm
(99) Lisa says:

Hey Terri… OLTL was my main soap as well, whenever I would work from home, I would always enjoy having lunch with my beloved friends. Relaxing while I ate was such a delight, it would take my mind off of reality for that one hour. Although, I can’t wait to see Todd and Blair this week, I wonder when they are going to appear, most probably for friday’s cliffhanger as Starr did last week. Oh and yes, RC better not ruin our supercouple over at PC! I took a peek at GH today and certainly didn’t like what was going on. I don’t know all the characters as I am not quite familiar with GH, but that one scene I saw, I was totally appauled, wow, who was that blond woman shooting her own daughter!!!! Unbelievable to say the least!

Well, I see RC hasn’t changed his writing has he..lol

February 28, 2012 at 11:42 am
(100) Terri W. says:

Oh, that blond woman was Helena Cassidine, a role that was originated by Elizabeth Taylor back in the days when soaps were the hottest things going and Luke and Laura ruled. :) As far as shooting her “daughter”—wouldn’t you agree she’s a bit long in the tooth to have had that girl be her daughter? What did she do? Hire a surrogate? Haha!

The OLTL characters seem to be showing up one at a time. I believe Blair is scheduled to possibly air this Friday or Monday, although if it’s Friday, you can be sure she’ll only show up in the last five minutes. Todd is due to arrive March 5th, I believe. And John McBain, March 13th. Right before St. Paddy’s—so fitting for McBain. LOL Now, Michael Easton had mentioned something about May Sweeps and a Natalie/Liam connection, but if they are only going to do to them what they appear to be doing to Cole/Hope, I won’t be happy about that at ALL!

February 28, 2012 at 4:09 pm
(101) Tracy says:

BRING BACK OLTL AND AMC!!!! You will get me watching TV on ABC at those times again! PLEASE

February 29, 2012 at 2:29 pm
(102) kelly says:

i cant belive what these writters did with cole and hope. i watched general for the one life to live people. i cant stand the rest of it. it is awful. o.m.g. one life to live was 100 percent better.

February 29, 2012 at 9:27 pm
(103) kelly says:

i am just watching general i am crying at star asking for her family. i cant belive this. what the hell one live to live gave them such a happy ending. this isnt as good of a soap as one life to live.

March 1, 2012 at 8:35 am
(104) Terri W. says:

Kelly, I can’t believe it either! This is how RC is writing our OLTL people now? Bring them on GH to kill characters? And a CHILD, no less! Hope and Cole were a part of one of the biggest storylines in OLTL’s last years—Starr’s teen pregnancy—and now they’ve decided they want to make Starr “free and unencumbered” on GH so they just do away with OUR show’s history in one fell swoop??? And since Blair and Todd are only supposed to be on temporarily, that means they come in to boost ratings, cry and get ticked off about losing Cole and their granddaughter and then they’re gone. Like you said, there isn’t much beyond my OLTL people making me want to watch GH. OLTL was the superior show out of all THREE ABC soaps.

March 1, 2012 at 10:27 am
(105) kelly says:

terryw. a loss of a child is very painful. i dont know why r. c. did that. anyone who has been there knows what are they doing to this soap. the killed of little jake now hope this soap is not like the old days. i use to watch lucy and her duck sigmond even back with john stamas as black paraish. but i still say i miss one life to live .

the end that they find hope alive…

March 1, 2012 at 2:57 pm
(106) Terri W. says:

I know what you mean, Kelly. I never got over Brooke’s daughter, Laura, being hit and killed by a drunk driver on AMC. The killing of children was not done back in those days and it shocked me beyond belief. Maybe that was the intention, to get people to pay attention to the message about drinking and driving. I was a mess, too, when Tony’s daughter BJ was killed in the bus accident and she ended up being a heart donor for her cousin Maxie on GH. I’m hoping, too, that maybe she is still alive, since she would have been strapped into a car seat. (One would HOPE—haha, no pun intended.)

Btw, I had forgotten about Lucy’s duck, Sigmund! I’d love to see Lucy Coe again and Scotty Baldwin, too. Love Kin Shriner! :)

March 2, 2012 at 11:06 pm
(107) kelly says:

terry w. i saw general today . was glad to see blair . but to kill off her grandaughter. it sad these writers are bad. i can see if they started a life in port charels and then have blair and todd visit .these writters screwed up the happy ending that our one life to live gave us.this is crazy. i miss one life to live.

June 6, 2012 at 3:00 am
(108) Shirley says:

I MISS ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Bring it back on ABC . I have stoped watching ABC and I am very Happy that the two shows that took off our soaps are doing bad.. Bring back AMC . I have been a fan of one life to live from the

July 10, 2012 at 1:42 pm
(109) JUST A GIRL says:

OMG worst mistake taking one life to live off the air
i miss it so much all my family use to watch it … was a pased on from my grandmother to my mother to me and all my ants i even made my sister in laws watch it i been watching it since i was 8 and never missed a epsiod i miss it so bad now life aint the same with out the soap drama

BRING BACK ONE LIFE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 2, 2012 at 3:00 pm
(110) jennifer says:

How about this….the writers from AMC and OLTL get together and write a series of books to keep the story lines alive. I have turned my television off from abc except for the GH time slot. The hours that I am not watching my soaps could be filled with reading about the characters I have grown to love and miss. Just need the devils at abc/disney to release the rights.

October 2, 2012 at 5:13 am
(111) Leather Bracelets says:

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming over again to read more news.

October 18, 2012 at 8:52 pm
(112) Llandview Lover says:

How much money will abc lose on failed new shows before they bring back AMC & OLTL?