1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Kaydee Sounds-Off on The Cancellation of OLTL!

By February 1, 2012

Trevor St. John - Copyright, 2012In this edition of Kaydee's Sassy Soap Corner Commentary, she examines the different endings of the storylines for the finale, plus the decision of ABC to cancel the show and how it has affected the fans and the network.

Read Kaydee's OLTL Commentary > >

Comments

February 1, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(1) Keith says:

I wholeheartedly agree. What I took away from the Alison ending is that this is how head writer Ron Carlivati sees himself. Is Alison Ron’s alter ego. ?? Notice the author on the script? I agree, he and Frank knew they had nine months and they squandered it by tacking a few days on the end of what they had already planed instead of starting over and creating a fitting ending. Everyone knew PP was ify at best. The Ericka segments were wonderful, the show show should have ended there. The prison break is more typical late-summer fare and TSJ/Alison should have been resolved in time for Christmas. Ron and Frank had plenty of time to wrap things up, but the chose not to. I really don’t get why so many folks seem to like them. Maybe they have a big family.;-) Needless to say, I won’t be watching what they do to GH.

February 2, 2012 at 8:41 am
(2) Jackie says:

I hear that once John McBain arrests Sonny and Jason, he hooks up with Sam, why Sam?!!! John and Natalie had just reconciled at the last episode of OLTL, he should be going to PC with Natalie and Liam, now wouldn’t that make more sense?! I prefer Jolie, and not Sam, ugggghhhh, another one of carlivati’s brilliant ideas!

Keith, I agree about RC, he actually does focus on himself when he writes, instead of focusing on OLTL’s past history, no imagination and certainly no creativity, sorry RC, I can’t give you any credit, cause you just haven’t got any!!!!

February 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm
(3) PEGGY HAMILTON says:

BRING OLTL BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 12, 2012 at 1:41 am
(4) Karen Bell says:

I am still GRIEVING for the loss of the best soap on television, and the idiocy of the CEO’s who decided to cancel it. Instead, if money was an issue, they could have made it into a 1/2 hour show instead. That would have cut the actors’ salaries in half, right? I hope the channel goes bankrupt. They deserve it.

February 12, 2012 at 7:03 am
(5) RUTHLASHAWNN WILSON says:

WOW RYAN SEACREST JUST BOUGHT OR ACQUIRED A CABLE STATION, COULDN’T SOMEONE ASK HIM TO BRING THE 2 SOAPS TO HIS CABLE CHANNEL? HE SURE WOULD HAVE FAITHFUL FANS , BECAUSE WE ”LOVE OLIF N AMC,I WOULD WATCH N KNOW ALOTS OF OTHER FANS WOULD TOO.

February 12, 2012 at 10:47 am
(6) jane says:

Don’t care what happens on GH won’t be watching. ABC cancelled OLTL why would you watch GH? The actress who plays Sam doesn’t measure up to OLTL characters. Bring back OLTL to 1/2 hour show. Nobody wants to watch the mob show

February 12, 2012 at 11:07 am
(7) kelly says:

o.m.g. g.h is like the sopranos with out them cursingif they want to cancel a soap cancle this one.and theone on nbc that is so stupid.

February 12, 2012 at 11:36 am
(8) brenda says:

I can’t wait to see John McBain in Port Charles, with or without Natalie. I’m still praying for AMC AND OLTL to COME BACK TO ABC!!!

February 12, 2012 at 6:58 pm
(9) kim says:

ok guys has anyone noticed,gh is takeing the split personality from oltl…here we go with kate sonnys new honey she has split personality….soooo why not just leave on my favorite soap oltl…i mess it so much i only watch 4 shows now on abc,,,when there gone nomore abc,,but i do not even watch my news there anymore,i soo hate abc….

February 12, 2012 at 7:02 pm
(10) kim says:

i loved john playimng his part in oltl,but you CAN NOT HAVE GH WITHOUT SONNY AND JASON.if they go just cancell gh.oltl was my favorite,then gh,but i do not want gh to change………..each one has its special actors….please somebody listen…keep john and natile,together,not with sam…

February 12, 2012 at 9:29 pm
(11) kelly says:

I HOPE THE HELL THEY DONT PUT JOHN WITH SAM. HE BELONGS WITH NATALIE AND HIS SON THEY FOUGHT TO BE TOGETHER. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER . I ALSO LOVE REX AND GIGI . PLEASE BRING BACK ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

April 16, 2012 at 1:44 am
(12) Kaydee says:

That matchup ran its course as Caleb/Livvie on Port Charles. John has a family, and that’s where it needs to develop.