1. Entertainment

Singers Lionel Richie and Jeremih Set to Perform

By September 14, 2009

Lionel Richie and Jeremih Perform on 'One Life to Live' - Copyright by ABC Daytime, 2009

• Oscar, Golden Globe and five-time Grammy Award winner Lionel Richie will perform on One Life to Live on Tuesday, September 29, 2009. The legendary musician will be performing his hit "Just Go" off his latest album of the same title (released on Island Records). Lionel Richie will be joined by rising pop-star, Jeremih, who is known for his smash hit "Birthday Sex" and self titled debut album "Jeremih."

View Episode Photos of Lionel Richie's and Jeremih's Performance > >

Comments

September 15, 2009 at 4:11 am
(1) Mark says:

I don’t know how many of you watch both All My Children and One Life to Live, but OLTL is a much better produced show! It seems to me they use their money wisely, and can offer fans a better payoff. OLTL has a HUGE variety of sets, they have many more characters (most are recurring status), and they are able to get big name performers like Lionel Ritchie. Even more importantly, OLTL has characters and actors that have been around for YEARS that longtime fans can identify too. If you watch AMC, you’ll notice they use the same sets (mainly that boring hospital set), most of their characters have been around for less than 5 years, and they don’t give a crap about their history. AMC would never invest money into sets and location shoots like OLTL did this week with the drug story. Just an interesting fact: Roger Mooney is the set designer for BOTH shows, yet AMC ALWAYS reuses sets, hoping fans won’t notice. Tad Martin’s house used to be the Love Shack that Roxy once lived, and Cole’s drug hideout was once Babe and Jamie Martin’s apartment. I hope the big move for these two shows really benefit both, because daytime can’t lose anymore shows! Sorry to rant, I just wanted to see if anyone else shared that observation…

P.S. Farah Fath looks AMAZING in that picture with Lionel Ritchie!

September 15, 2009 at 11:57 am
(2) diamond09 says:

This is awesome! Can’t wait to see the five-time Grammy award singer Lionel Ritchie; and BMI Award winner, MOBO Award nominee, and the next big star in hollywood singer “Jeremih” on OLTL. Both guys are amazing.

September 18, 2009 at 3:15 am
(3) Mark says:

Where the heck is everybody?! Nancy? Stacy? Mark R?

Anywho, Im glad the writers DID make an ackward scene with Layla and Fish’s parents today about Fish dating a black girl…it will make it more realistic and believable when Fish comes out that he’s gay.

I hope once the “coming out” is over, the writers will still give Cristian and Layla screentime, I think they have potential.

September 18, 2009 at 6:58 am
(4) AndreaSctlnd says:

Well I got ignored in your list but I will respond nonetheless…lol

I too thought it was better that they be sticks in the mud too about EVERYTHING. Did you see the way Fish’s mom looked at Christian? Oh we heard about you and all your muscles? lol They are very demanding folks. I mean, Chris was at WORK and they made him leave to take them to the apartment? Why didn’t Chris just say he was working? Oh well.

How much do you HATE Jack? I can’t stand how they have him as a smarmy little creaton.

September 18, 2009 at 11:39 am
(5) Mark says:

I’m sorry Andrea…i WAS gonna include u in the list, and I couldn’t remember the last name you use…but i DID think about you :)

I know the show might have wanted to add a personal touch to the story by casting Fish’s real life mother, but she can’t act. I’m making allowances that she probably hasn’t acted before, but her eyes were darting all over the place. I’m hoping when Fish does tell her, maybe she will draw on the real-life moment to make the T.V. moment more touchng.

Jack is a jerk a lot of times…but I do like some of his jokes, lol.

September 18, 2009 at 3:17 pm
(6) Mark R. says:

Jack reminds me of Starr when she was his age. Remember she was a sarcastic spoiled brat! I loved those days! I’m glad they are moving the Fish SL along…I didn’t want that to drag like most others do. Let him be out—and take it from there, rather than just a SL about him hiding his sexuality. That’s just too cliche.
At least we are also moving ahead with the stalker SL! Finally!! =D

September 18, 2009 at 3:23 pm
(7) Mark R. says:

Jack reminds me of Starr when she was his age. Remember she was a sarcastic spoiled brat!! I loved those days. At least they are moving the Fish SL along, and its not dragging like most others! I’m glad he’s comming out, and its not a SL about him hiding his sexuality. That’s too cliche & boring.
I’m also glad the stalker SL is also picking up! Finally!! =D

September 18, 2009 at 6:28 pm
(8) AndreaSctlnd says:

I didn’t watch it when Starr was little. I came in when the killer of Marcys book was out. But boy he sure is annoying. lol

September 18, 2009 at 6:46 pm
(9) Mark R. says:

you should watch clips of her on youtube…2002 (one of my favorite OLTL years). its hilliarious—especially when she interacted with Nikki Smith. Starr was truely a spoiled brat!!!
Ooops sorry about the above—it wasn’t showing that I posted a comment ( even though I did)so I re-typed another

September 19, 2009 at 3:21 am
(10) Mark says:

Good suggestion Mark R. Andrea, you should also lookup “Babes Behind Bars”, and “Trading Places”. They were special stand alone episodes that appeared July 4th 2001, and 2002. Trading Places, Todd and Viki switched characters, and Starr traded places with Rae Cummings, a fake shrink. Babes behind Bars featured Lindsay in prison, it was a musical, but Starr was in with her…I remember she had a hilarious line about being locked up so young. Also look up when Starr found Troy MacIver chained to the giant carnival wheel…they are all so classic, I kinda miss that side of Starr…she even used to have a pet iguana!

September 19, 2009 at 4:23 am
(11) Mark R. says:

Wow !!! Mark H. DO you remember when Linsday was locked in Statsville with Tillie & the other inmates. Then she recieved Allison Perkins as a cellmate!!?? I loved that SL!! Then Allison captured Niki Smith. Also Rex was being played by Shawna, Claire was harassing Gabrielle, Roxy & Natilie were in trailer trash mode. Alex Olono was in town making everyone’s life hell. LOL!! Sorry for going off. That was an awsome time in OLTL history. I loved 2002. Its seems rare that anyone remembers those days the SL and the characters =/

September 19, 2009 at 12:52 pm
(12) Mark says:

I DO remember Mark R. Tillie was kind of scary. I LOVED Allsion Perkins and the way she always called Lindsay a dumb blonde. They need to get rid of certain characters on today’s show, and bring back Lindsay and Allison…it would provide much humor AND we could find out what Allison’s secret really was.

Has anyone else noticed how much screentime is going to recurring characters–and mostly parents at that? All of a sudden we have Fish’s parents, Markko’s parents, the Evans parents, and nuCarlotta, I may even be forgetting some. Lets get back to some of the familiar faces. Roxy needs more screentime, and where has Shane been? It seems they’ve forgotten he is in remission.

September 19, 2009 at 5:58 pm
(13) AndreaSctlnd says:

Mark,

Maybe he is in remission…so we don’t have to see him. lol

September 19, 2009 at 8:09 pm
(14) Nancy says:

Hey Mark – I’m still here. When I saw the subject line was performers, I didn’t even open it until today because there’s usually not any comments on those.

I agree with your remark about AMC vs. OLTL. It seems everybody at some time lives in the same remodeled dump on AMC. They don’t spend any money on sets or interesting characters. The stories revolve around the same people until you can’t stand them anymore. And Erica is just taking up space now. I don’t why I even watch it anymore. Maybe I’m hoping it’ll get better, but it doesn’t. Like I said before – BORING!

You are a walking encyclopedia for OLTL. You amaze me with the things you remember! I watched a long time ago – then stopped – then started watching again when they did the baby switch thing with Bianca and Babe’s babies on AMC that meshed the 2 soaps together when Kelly’s brother (the sleeze) gave her the baby that supposedly died. I got hooked again. I don’t remember the year (2002-03)?

September 21, 2009 at 1:19 pm
(15) jan says:

I dont want to watch gay men kissing. I think its not fair toforce the gay agenda, and after 34 years Im going to switch the channel.

October 22, 2009 at 6:14 am
(16) Stinky44 says:

As ever, thanks to everyone who took part. ,

October 23, 2009 at 5:45 am
(17) No_limits38 says:

For most of our generation, the management and ownership have turned us off from the organization. ,