Welcome to One Life to Live@about.com. This site is no longer updated, but I invite you to come on in and get acquainted with all of Llanview's rich history. One Life to Live first aired on television back on July 15, 1968 and continued until it was cancelled by ABC on January 13, 2012. Prospect Park brought One Life to Live back to life in an online format on Hulu and iTunes on April 29, 2013, but unfortunately the show went into an indefinite hiatus on August 19, 2013.
Here are some great articles and information to get you started on the wonderful history of Llanview:
- A Brief History of One Life to Live
- FAQ and Interesting Facts for OLTL
- Soap Operas - "Sex and Suffering in the Afternoon"
- A Who's Who of Llanview
- 42 Years for Llanview's Erika Slezak
- John and Natalie - Love Lost and Found
- One Life to Live's Top 5 Supercouples
- Celebrity Spotlights
- Prospect Park - Season Finale Recap for OLTL
- In-Depth History and Background of One Life to Live
- One Life to Live Celebrity Guest List
- How Much Did Your Former OLTL Star Earn?
- OLTL Wins the Daytime Emmy for the 1st Time!
- Prospect Park's Former OLTL Cast Images
- ABC's Former OLTL Cast List
- OLTL's 40th Anniversary Tribute
- Former Characters of One Life to Live
- Blast to the Past Character Image Gallery
- OLTL's Wild West
- The Early Life and History of Soap Operas
- A Recap of the Last ABC One Life to Live Episode - Series Finale
- Archive One Life to Live Fan Fiction Scripts
- Long-Live Llanview! - Current Blog for New OLTL Fan Fiction Scripts!
Well, it has come time (once again) to say goodbye to all my loyal readers over the past 14 years. I have tremendously enjoyed every minute I had working on this site in order to bring you the best One Life to Live spoilers, news, recaps, photos, etc. and I shall truly miss it and all the wonderful people I have met along the way. I cannot thank my fellow OLTL fans enough on how much your support has meant to me.
Please Note: All of Kaydee's previous fan fiction will remain here on the About.com One Life to Live site, which you will continue to have access to. All future fan fiction scripts will now be published on the Llanview Lives blog! I hope you come join us as we continue the storylines of Llanview.
It's been a great ride and long-live Llanview!
Your former One Life to Live Guide,
Laurence Lau (ex-Sam Rappaport, OLTL) is currently in rehearsals for the upcoming Gulfshore Playhouse production of The God Game, which will be at The Norris Center in Naples, Florida.
There will be a preview on Thursday, January 16th, with the official opening on Friday, January 17th. The God Game will run until Sunday, February 9, 2014.
According to BroadwayWorld.com, "The God Game focuses on Tom, a Virginia Senator and a rising star in the Republican Party. He's asked to join the ticket as the Vice-Presidential candidate. The only catch: he needs to sound "more Christian" on the campaign trail. Will he sacrifice his firmly held belief that faith and religion are private matters or give up an opportunity to govern the most influential country in the world? Privacy, politics, and public personas take center stage in this World Premiere Drama by a hot new American playwright."
The God Game is being produced in association with Capital Repertory Theatre in Albany, New York who will present the production in May 2014.
In this newest edition of the One Life to Live Fan Fiction, Matthew and Destiny talk about setting the date for their wedding, which happens to be the same day Shaun and Vivian decide to get married also. Plus, James talks to a mysterious hooded figure.
In this final "missing" edition of the OLTL Fan Fiction find out what happens after the gun is fired at Matthew, and how John reacts to the news. Clint comes clean with his family and tells them about Bo and Nora's kidnapping. Plus, will John and Patrick finally find Bo and Nora and save them from Troy and Finn?
OLTL Fan Fiction Script 37 (Parts 1 -8):
Here are the former OLTL cast members celebrating a birthday this coming January:
- Terri Conn (Aubrey Wentworth) - January 28, 1975 - Happy 39th!
- Renee Elise Goldsberry (ex-Evangeline Williamson) - January 2, 1971 - Happy 43th!
- Carmen LoPorto (ex-Jack Manning) - January 4, 1997 - Happy 17th!
- Matthew Ashford (ex-Drew Ralston and ex-Stephen Haver) - January 29, 1960 - Happy 54th!
- Timothy Stickney (RJ Gannon) - January 31, 1965 - Happy 49th!
Here are the former OLTL cast members celebrating a birthday in December:
- Melissa Archer (Natalie) - December 2 - (34)
- Florencia Lozano (Tea Delgado) - December 16th! - (44)
- Bree Williamson (Jessica) - December 28 - (32)
- Dan Gauthier (Kevin Buchanan #10) - December 2 - (50)
- Ariella and Natalie Jamnik (ex-Starr Manning) - December 6 (18)
- Kevin Stapton (ex-Kevin Buchanan #8) - December 7 (51)
- Joe Lando (ex-Jake Harrison) - December 9 (52)
- Sonia Satra (ex-Barbara Graham) - December 17 (42)
- Shawn Christian (ex-Ross Rayburn) - December 18 (48)
- Will Kempe (ex-Ian Armitage) - December 19 (50)
- Wendee Pratt (ex-Andy Harrison) - December 24 (52)
- Jason-Shane Scott (ex-Will Rappaport) - December 29 (36)
- David Fumero (Cristian) - December 29 - (41)
He has played one of daytime's most famous and loved villains of all time; a former Llanview bad boy - Todd Manning. Learn all about the actor who started in a "temporary" role and turned it around to one of daytime's most popular characters.
Unfortunately there still has been no official word from Prospect Park on the status of One Life to Live, but in the meantime here is another great addition to the OLTL fan fiction and one of the missing scripts written by Kaydee.
This script follows the dramatic turn of events from script 35 between Bo and Nora and the devious Finn and Troy. Plus, Todd helps Jack deal with his kidnapping and also opens up to Blair and someone fires a shot at Matthew Buchanan!
OLTL Fan Fiction Script 36 (Parts 1-8)
Well folks, it looks as though our favorite soap opera has been canceled for good this time! Although there has been no official word from Prospect Park, according to sources from ABC Soaps In Depth this is a done deal for both One Life to Live and All My Children.
Here is what SID announced today on their website: "a source close to actors from the shows tells Soaps In Depth, "It's over." Debbi Morgan (Angie, AMC) essentially confirmed as much when she responded to upset fans on Twitter. "Well we're all pretty much sad now for real since we've definitely been told it's a wrap," she posted. "My manager was given the news that we were officially done by PP's lawyer. Yeah, we've been canceled."
The sad part about the soaps ending this way was this time around there will be no wrap-up of the stories, and the fans and the shows will not get the grand farewell they deserved.
In related news, SID also reported that Disney will officially be turning the lights off for SOAPnet at the end of this year. This means fans will no longer have access to catch up on past episodes of General Hospital and Days of Our Lives, as well as the other shows that are being aired. The final date for SOAPnet will be on December 31, 2013.
Please share your comments below or email me about your thoughts of OLTL's cancellation.